Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Get Cooking

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Thanksgiving Treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec1208 View Post
Kbartman, great looking bird. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Bruce,
I hadn't had a chance to comment on how It tasted. My guest said it was the best turkey they ever tasted so I guess it was ok.
The wet dry combo brine along with the slow smoke charcoal snake method has won merit with me. The breasts were moist and flavorful along with the rest of the bird. The charcoal snake with the pecan wood chips gave it just the right amount of smoke. I'm no fan of a heavy smoke flavor. I made turkey soup with the leftovers the hint of smoke complimented the soup and it turned out great. I was happy with the results and would do it all over again.

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kbartman; 12-01-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Thanksgiving Treats

Gudday Steve
I have lined up on Xmas eve so many years now its not funny, we take coffee and we even have become friendly with the people who line up with us, cause we see them yr after yr.
We are using a different mob this time ... To date they have been great ... But you are always a bit worried being Xmas and all.
I have never had a problem with the fisher folk .... Being ex NAVY, a bit of LUT rope with a couple of eye splices in the ends will usually result in a fresh feed for the crew.....
Yes I agree spanners are are good feed, but a Xmas just as expensive as the blue swimmers (sandies I think in some states). Muddies are overpriced much of the time except if you get them fresh, there never really "full"
I'm spoilt I suppose I used to go out with me 8 yr old mate and his dad and we would "bard wire" the mangroves holes whilst his father checked his traps.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door