Old 04-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Teflon unsafe?

The nice thing about the Calphalon hard-anodized is that you can clean it with anything... one of my pans even came with a free Scotch Brite pad and the suggestion of cleaing it with Comet if it got really bad. Like Brian, though, I've found that they rarely stick much if handled well. (Less sticking if you add your oil to an already-hot pan rather than heating the oil with the pan!)

My brother and his wife have All-Clad, and I agree it is also wonderful to cook in.

Ed
Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

The new thing is called Calphalon One -- they claim (yeah, marketing again) that is is more like stainless than before in cooking qualities, but easier to clean and food is a little less likely to stick.

We'll see. I received the email shipping notice, so it's on its way.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good luck with that James. Hopefully they solved a couple of thier problems. All-Clad was the top choice in all the ratings I checked recently. Expensive (very) stuff though. I'm pretty much convinced that a nice mix of teflon coated and stainless cookware is the way to go. Eggs and stickies go in coated pans. Sauteed foods and intense heat applications are better handled by stainless with a nice big heat sink in the base.

BTW - My Calphalon pan handles get nearly as hot as the pans themselves. Don't forget the mits for your first try.

-