Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Pizza Party for 100

What I found is this. I like to do fast small pizzas. The way it works at my house is that everyone gets to make their own individual pizza. This is half the fun. But the reality is that the woman take to the kitchen. After the wine has begun to kick in they start to share the pizzas. All contribute to the little masterpieces, then as a group they cut it up to saver their art. The process repeats and the guests nibble as they go. Others just make their own. I lay out a few rules like keeping plenty of corn meal under the pizza. I cook they build, they watch their creation cook before their eyes, "more wine please"

It work for thirty easy but 100?... wow.

Berryst

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Peasant

Well we didn't have as many as expected, so we ended up making around 70 Pizzas, around 60 Pittas and a few batches of meatballs to go with the pittas. My son did a small BBQ so that nobody starved while they waited. People brought their own toppings, and we had bought lots in, so could be pizzas from the frozen left over ingredients for the rest of the year. Hey ho!
The only thing that really went wrong was that I took the doughballs out to defrost, both pitta and pizza, and put them in stackable trays. Should have realised really, but that meant as there were so many of them, that I had created an outdoor fridge/freezer, the first doughballs weren't deferosted and ready until 4.5 hours later, about an hour after we had intended to start. We ended the night after much beer, making chocolate and icecream calazone! very messy, but also very good

Simon
Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Simon,

Sounds fun. I really enjoy the bigger parties.

Did you take pictures?
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.