Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Get Cooking

View Poll Results: How do you store your oven tools?
I prop them up in a corner (and they are always falling down). 16 38.10%
I built a custom tool holder on (or near) my oven 11 26.19%
I bought the FB tool rack 0 0%
I have an urn or other container on the ground 6 14.29%
Other 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Oven tool storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Frances, you're assuming that I need as many posts as you have! All I want is the pizza cutter!
Well, you've got your priorities right anyway... the pizza cutter really is cool!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Apprentice

That's never been my problem. For instance, I'm building a brick pizza oven, that should clearly illustrate that my priorites edge towards the finer consumables in life.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

ok. I qualified some time ago for a pizza cutter, but I didn't know where to email for it. Forno bravo.com? Under the "contact us" menu?

Amber, if you really want to qualify more quickly, you can always follow the Dave motto- "top ten reasons.....", posted one at a time.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Apprentice

Elizabeth - excellent suggestion! James is the person to email - in the posting guidelines section, he has a thread with the membership levels where he talks about it. Hope you love it as much as everyone else does!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey, Frances, I saw an old umbrella urn yesterday in the local junk shop. It's ceramic, and the ugliest possible color yellow- (hence it's current place of residence, I expect). Could I mosaic it? What do you stick the pieces down with?

It would make a perfect pizza peel holder. If it weren't really ugly.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sure you could, great idea!

You stick the bits down with construction glue or that mortar you use for tiling bathrooms with. Anything you'd use for tiling a bathroom will be fine - if you think about it, bathroom walls are really just a type of really really boring mosaic...

A mosaic layer will actually make the pot stronger, too. A win-win situation if I ever saw one.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Master Builder

[QUOTE=Frances;44791] if you think about it, bathroom walls are really just a type of really really boring mosaic...

QUOTE]

Hey, I actually never thought of that. Can you imagine what Frances's bathroom must look like?