Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Making Dough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
One more thing. I have a personal sourdough pizza dough that I have been tweaking for years, developed myself, and am in love with it.
not fair unless you share!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Serf

We just finished our oven. My first pizza was a very simple affair. Went to the store and got a 3 pack of "Pizza Yeast" by Fleishmans. They have a recipe on the back. Worked fine. I have advanced books for baking, and at some point may get into fine tuning a recipe to call my own, but for now, it works, its quick and it tasts good!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCChris View Post
My most basic bread recipe.
  1. 1000g of all-purpose flour.
  2. 1 pack, 7g of instant yeast, not just dry yeast.
  3. 700g of spring water, I put 800g, but don’t recommend it for a beginner.
  4. 20g of sea salt.

Add all of the dry ingredients and mix to combine, add the water and mix until no dry flour is seen. Let this mass rest, covered, for 30 minutes. Do 3 sets of stretch and fold at 30 minute increments cover between sets. The first set of S&F will be the most intense the last the most gentle. Divide the dough into roughly equal loaves, 2, 3, 4 or whatever sizes suit you and roughly shape your loaves. Rest these 10 to 20 minutes and do a final shaping. At this point you might want to put your loaves on parchment paper to proof for 2 hours or so. Bake at 450F until the loaves are about 208F internal and have the crust color you want. If you can add steam to the oven for the first 15 to 20 minutes, it will help your bread crust and oven spring.

This is a very rough instruction on very basic bread.

Chris
I recomended to do it in different way - in luke warm water put the dry yeast and sprinkle with flour, pinch of sugar and leave it about ten minutes to give time the yeast to get alive, then add a tablespoon olive oil, salt and the rest of the flour, mix it well and rest for 30 minutes, put the dough in a baking form and another rest for one hour, then its ready for baking.