Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Get Cooking (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Magic Mill Assistent "Grain Mill" attachment (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/magic-mill-assistent-grain-mill-attachment-5885.html)

bruce 01-04-2009 05:30 PM

Magic Mill Assistent "Grain Mill" attachment

I have the Magic Mill Assistent AND I LOVE IT! I am curious if anyone here has the grain mill attachment for it as I'm looking to buy one and would like a little feed back on how well it performed for you. Just the fact that it is an Electrolux product should be reason enough to buy it, but like anyone else, hate to waist money if it's not going to perform as well as some of the high end grain mills. It sure would be nice to grind the flour and then make the dough with one machine.

Thanks,
Bruce.

Archena 01-05-2009 05:04 PM

Re: Magic Mill Assistent "Grain Mill" attachment

Electrolux Mixer Magic Mill DLX Mixers Kitchen Assistent Assistant Stand Mixer Electroluxe Mixers Best Kitchen Mixer

Dang, that thing does everything but walk the dog...

'Fraid I can't help on the mill. But that is a very nice mixer.

bruce 01-05-2009 05:47 PM

WHAT! Yours doesn't walk the dog? boy, did you get robbed. LOL

Archena 01-05-2009 05:50 PM

Actually, mine walks the dog just fine - but it can't mix dough.

;)

bruce 01-05-2009 05:57 PM

It turned out that I couldn't wait. I'll keep you posted as to how it does milling flour.:D

Archena 01-05-2009 06:12 PM

I don't know - you managed to wait a whole 24 hours...

<waits for update>

bruce 01-05-2009 07:02 PM

It was difficult!

gjbingham 01-08-2009 11:02 PM

Hmm,
Do a search on milling flour or similar text on this site. I think CJ did a few comments on the subject. I believe that flour needs to be stored for a period after milling before it is suitable for baking/cooking with.
G.

Xabia Jim 01-09-2009 12:21 AM

Hi george, that's in my memory banks also....I have yet to try my own milling but it's on the bucket list.

Frances 01-09-2009 05:59 AM

I remember that one!

...and once we find it again you can check if I'm right, but I seem to recall that it said you can either use the flour right away when its freshly milled, OR you store it for something like two weeks, so that... um... the free radicals and um, gluten, er...

Ok, no idea what the reason was, but aparently either really freshly milled or stored flour will work.