Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Get Cooking (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Leg of lamb (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/leg-lamb-19815.html)

mcdonald-davis 08-20-2013 01:37 PM

Leg of lamb

Hi All
Has anyone got a good recipe for a whole leg of lamb ? I was thinking maybe
An italian slant would be good/ wood fired of course .
Looking forward to any replys .

oasiscdm 08-22-2013 01:32 AM

Re: Leg of lamb

Try this I have done this on a closed bbq will be trying it in oven when finished.

Brown lamb all round adding garlic lemon and sage leaves [12] to pan for one minute.

Combine tomato paste [whole small tub] chicken stock [3 cups] and white wine [1cup] adding to the pan.

Cook in oven until done to liking. Turning lamb a couple of times.

mcdonald-davis 08-22-2013 03:56 AM

Hi Colin,
Thanks for the recipe for the leg of lamb I may well give that a try on Sunday this weekend . If I do I'll let you know how it goes .
Cheers Ken.

brickie in oz 08-23-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdonald-davis (Post 159918)
whole leg of lamb.

Win the Lotto did you? When we were over there some years ago you had to sell your first born to buy real meat.....:p :D

Forget all the herbs and spices, lamb done in the oven is to die for just by itself.....:cool:

mcdonald-davis 08-23-2013 02:30 AM

Hi Al
I think I will just stuff lots of home grown garlic and rosemary in it and see how it goes . If I had won the lotto I wouldn't be hear I be traveling round the world drinking wine and stuffing my face.
Cheers Mctavish.

Laurentius 08-23-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdonald-davis (Post 160166)
Hi Al
I think I will just stuff lots of home grown garlic and rosemary in it and see how it goes . If I had won the lotto I wouldn't be hear I be traveling round the world drinking wine and stuffing my face.
Cheers Mctavish.

I don't listen either. Why travel? Fire up the oven, drink wine, stuff your face, sleep in a familiar bed.

Greenman 08-23-2013 03:48 AM

Good lamb doesn't need too much tampering with. The garlic and rosemary and salt and pepper is all that it needs apart from a bit of care in cooking it. It is always better if you pour some wine into the cook during the cooking process.

Good Australian lamb off the saltbush country is very special although the Kiwi lamb is great also, whatever they do with it! ;)

oasiscdm 08-23-2013 06:21 AM

Boring, all the time... Sometimes you need to be a little more adventurous....:p he did ask for an Italian version of lamb in the original post.

oasiscdm 08-23-2013 06:42 AM

Oh and you forgot the lemon. With the Garlic and rosemary.

brickie in oz 08-23-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oasiscdm (Post 160182)
he did ask for an Italian version of lamb in the original post.

Im sure the Italians have lamb that tastes of lamb....;)