Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Leg of lamb

I did a Moroccan roast lamb recently and I must say it was too die for. Succulent, tasty, and also tasted like lamb just with a little added flavor.

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
I did a Moroccan roast lamb recently and I must say it was too die for. Succulent, tasty, and also tasted like lamb just with a little added flavor.
Gudday
Moroccan lamb in a tangine is to die for, you can't get much better. By the way a tangine great for using those under 150 C temps. But if you really want that more than taste roast or tangine try goat or mutton. Goat gets a bit expensive but if you can find a butcher that supplies to an Indian restaurant you can get mutton. Lambs great for grilling and a fast cook but for a long slow roast or stew you can't go past a bit of mutton. No bloody bits in the middle mind you. Well cooked. Low heat and long cook.
The last mutton leg I got I had cut in 1/2. The lower 1/2 with shank attached was slow cooked in the WFO the upper went into the tangine. Both were full of flavour that you could never get out lamb at those low heats.
I heard it mentioned before about Saltbush lamb by Greenman. I didn't know that it was still around . My grandfather was a shearer and would bring them home alive and kicking so to speak when I was a kid . Now that was a real treat.
Pre salted meat .... And not just in the outside.
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Serf

Had the leg of lamb on Sunday.Started the fire at11am approx and was looking for about 300 degrees cent witch was about an hour or so. We planed to eat around 2.30 ish the lamb went into the oven at12 pm stuffed with garlic and rosemary pushed into slits cut into the lamb then rubbed in olive oil and garlic salt and black pepper we the put it into a casserole dish on a bed of onions, carrots,tomatoes.buy 2pm the lamb was cooked with a nice colour and lots of juice. It was fantastic !cooked to perfection and went down a treat with a very nice bottle of Sicilian red . Also had king prawns and asparagus marinated in lemon and chillies /olive oil witch took about 5 mins took cook Great with Pino Grigo .
Thanks for all the replys
Mctavish.