Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: frozen pizzas

Probably related to Amy Sedaris
Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Never heard of her.

George, get your mind out of the gutter! Terry Pratchett says writing books is the most fun anyone can have by themselves... just goes to show he's never built an oven, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Apprentice

I must confess....been there,done that. When I first instaled the pizza oven, I was intimidated by dough (maybe a holdover phobia from early philsbury doughboy trauma?). Too many people were telling me awful stories of dough disasters (but never their own actual experiences). I was anxious to try something in the oven and was in the final stages of curing firing. The frozen pizza went in. Pizza Police is pretty durn close with his imaginaion... In just a short time it was a mess. The middle quickly burned through, the outside was soggy, and the toppings were a mixture of burnt, tastless and plain crap.
Turns out pizza dough is easy.

Last edited by cvdukes; 06-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvdukes View Post
.... tastless and plain crap.
Yep, that about summarizes frozen pizza correctly... WFO or regular oven.

I must confess, however, that I actually eat that tastless crap too often - the penalty for having two young children who are involved in too many after-school/evening/weekend activities.

Wow, that feels good; I finally got that off of my chest. I ought to go to confession more often!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
Wow, that feels good; I finally got that off of my chest. I ought to go to confession more often!
It's ok Brian. We're still making WFO pizza with Ragu sauce and Kraft shredded cheese

Even with "inferior" ingredients, my WFO pizza blows away every restaurant pizza in town.

I had Papa John's at a birthday party my daughter went to last week. I almost couldn't eat it.

My wife and I were trying to decide where to eat out last night. She said, "Well, I can't suggest pizza because you've totally spoiled us with the pizza oven"

With the exception of "frozen pizza" I don't think you can make a bad pizza in a Pompeii!

Updated!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ooooooh, Ken! Bad bad bad! Gread build, bad cooking.

Premake your sauce and dough and freeze it in quart size bags. Garlic and dough retains its flavor for a month in the freezer. Pull it out a couple hours before you cook. Better Ummms,

-