Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Electrolux Assistent in FB Store

Are you talking about one of these? I just got it on the Swiss equivalent of ebay...

https://www.ricardo.ch/accdb/viewitem.asp?IDI=547007146

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Why do they have to give them a different name in every single country anyway ??!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Journeyman

WTG James!

Yeah... 15# of dough is the absolute max. It tends to spill over a little but it can be done without strain. I have the older 450 watt model. With the 600 watt and a deeper or larger bowl, this would be perfect as a Prosumer model.
I usually stick to a 8.25 lb. (3.74 Kg) = 12 / 11 oz. doughs.
Now I'd like to find the cool attachments at a decent price.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Frances,
That looks right to me. The product have been renames and slightly redesigned (at least for the U.S. market). I'm not sure what they are doing globally.

Electrolux is still wrestling with the good folks at UL (I can relate with that), and we are still waiting for availability dates in the U.S. I've decided to wait it out. I am really looking forward to getting mine.
James

Old 09-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Uh, this may be a really stupid question, but...

The mixer arrived yesterday and I tried it this morning for pizza dough, with 60 % hydration. It just seems so inneficient compared to hand kneading... the dough clumps up and sticks to the central kneading thing while the turning bowl rubs against it, and once in a while the dough scrapes past under very mild pressure from the kneading thing.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just how machine kneading works? Can I only make higher hydration doughs with the machine?

Just at the moment I'm a little bit disapointed - and I sincerely hope that its just a matter of finding out how the bleeding thing works, now that I've got it.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Serf

Frances,
you can definitely make most any type of dough with it. I have used mine for pasta dough and bagels as well as bread and pizza. If you have a small batch (under 5 dl liquid) I think looks like it mostly just moves around, but it probably gets kneaded anyway. I usually use it for 1 to 1,5 litre liquid.

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon.

/Mari
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you Mari

So the trick is to just leave it alone to get on with it? I'm still very much at the poking it with a wooden spoon stage.

The second lot of dough turned out better. I just never expected it to be so different from hand kneading...

Old 09-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Frances,

Yours sure beat mine. We're still waiting here in the U.S. Keep the updates coming, and by the time the UL Listed units arrive here, we'll all feel like experts.

Are photos possible?

James

Old 09-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Are photos possible?
Sure, anytime! I'll take lots next bake day...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Serf

Frances,
Yes, just let the machine do its thing, unless you do like I did a while ago, and forget that you already put in quite a bit of starter nd then add 1.5 litre water (which really is pushing it a bit anyway). Then you DO have to poke at it with a wooden spoon, or the square scraper that comes with it, or else the dough will escape. :-)
It was hard work to keep the dough in the bowl, and I had to let the machine (and my arms) rest for a bit after a few minutes. Turned out fine in the end.

/Mari