Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Dough storage trays

quick follow up - 1 yr later and I now have 10 of the dough mate trays. cannot say enough good things about them. I love how they stack/interlock. easy to clean. and they hold dough in fridge for 3-4 days with almost zero skin. and I can pull the whole stack out for a party and the lower trays stay cold for hours unless/until I uncover them (I usually uncover a tray or two at least 30-45mins before I am ready to use in summer weather outside).
Old 07-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Journeyman

Thanks for the follow up. Do the dough balls rest on flour in the tray bottom? Glad the trays are working for you. I have hesitated over buying them because of the price. I think I may be ready to give them a try. Thanks again, Bruce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have a couple of those dough-mate trays and love them. I can't fathom what I would do with 10, but you must be having some large and/or frequent pizza parties!

I do struggle sometimes getting the dough out when it grows together. I usually try not to let it get that big on the final rise, it just gets hard to handle. I only wait 45-60 mins after balling the dough. After reading this thread, maybe I should give it another try.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Laborer

I only put 4-5 balls per tray. 1-2 days in fridge and they rise and hold shape and do not touch. They " fall" and spread out and touch days 3-4. I typically oil the bottom a bit but not always. They don't stick much at all. I use the plastic scrape as needed to lift the dough out and move it to a floured surface.

Absolutely worth the $$ if these will fit in your fridge. I use cheap pint wonton soup containers for freezing. Bought in bulk at a restaurant supply store.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Laborer

As for 10 trays, I do 30-40 pizzas several parties a year.....the trays make it very easy to stay organized.