Old 06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Dough storage trays

I was thinking of getting the 12" x 10", that should hold 9 dough balls easily. They do not cost much more than the other plastic type containers and are designed to store food. I assume they won't transfer odors through the plastic etc. They are also safe in the freezer.

The only thing about the size is the height, I think 4" may be a bit high?

I called the store and they had two left so they set them aside for me and I will have a look at them tomorrow.

Loren
Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Laborer

Update on the food containers:

I picked them up and they seem very sturdy, very thick plastic. The actual inside dimensions are about 11" x 8 1/2" and a little over 3" tall. 9 dough balls may be pushing it but I won't know until I try them out.

They are made in the USA (Huntington Beach, Ca), you could probably pick them up at a restaurant supply store. I paid $12.99.

Here is a link to the website:

Cambro Manufacturing Company

Loren
Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Loren,
Keep us up to date -- how is that size working? Can you fit six dough ball? 2 by 3?

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Laborer

James,

6 seems like a good number for that size container. I put 6 Fuji apples in it and it had plenty of room sideways, lengthwise it was a little tight with about a 1/2" to spare between each apple. The apples are 3" in diameter.

I will post back when I try one out but I have some dough in the freezer right now.

Loren
Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Laborer

Folks,

I just wanted to revisit this old thread and let you know I just ordered some new single dough storage tubs with lids. Every time I have visited Costco I have noticed their dough proofing tubs so I finally asked someone who worked in the bakery where they got them.

He said from here: Home - Smith & Greene

So I called and they knew what I was talking about.

Here is the manufacturer: Carlisle Bains Marie

They said Costco uses the 2 quart containers and they look like just what I have been looking for. I have used the rectangle containers and these orange proofing baskets someone else mentioned in another post Empire Bakery Equipment Online Catalog Cant go wrong for $2 for the orange baskets!

You have to order 12 at a time… one dozen with lids cost less than $35 without shipping from Smith and Greene. I'll let you know how I like them once I try them out, they seem quite durable.

Loren
Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Laborer

I just wanted to show you how the dough worked in the storage tubs.

The "American" dough I use worked out very well for the size, they filled the tub about 3/4 full. The Caputo Italian dough used about 1/4 of the tub. I will check to see if they have a one quart tub, that would work out perfect for the Caputo.

I liked the fact that you could just hand someone a tub at and that made it much easier for them to make a pizza. The other thing I liked about these is they each have a lid. The search continues but I have a good selection now.

Here are a couple of pics…

Loren
Attached Thumbnails
Dough storage trays-storage-tubs-1.jpg   Dough storage trays-storage-tubs-2.jpg  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Apprentice

Loren, here is that I am using for my dough. Just deli containers..they stack really well.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Laborer

Hi Telehort,

Where did you get them and do they have lids? Or is there a manufactures name stamped on the bottom? They look like a very good size for thin crust.

Loren
Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Journeyman

Nice balls, Scott!

..........I just had to say that.

I'm surprised by the individual containers. How do you schelp them around without crushing? They are disposable, yes? Hmmm..? What am I missing?
I use the big, white, stackable dough storage trays.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just to add one more facet to this discussion. The VPN guys (Vera Pizza Napoletana) require use of dough trays for certification of VPN status. Dough Pizzaria here in San Antonio recently received certification and replaced their sheet pans with dough trays. The advantage is that the height of the dough tray spaces the trays and gives the dough room to rise whereas sheet trays require saran which "holds" the dough down. I think I am going to experiment with a plastic food box and lid to see if it will reliably keep the dough from forming a skin in our dry air.

Think Pizza!
Jay