Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Dough storage trays

eBay has a few listings such as this one.
PIZZA RESTAURANT DOUGH TRAYS CONTAINER WRH BB 1826 - eBay (item 160238907522 end time May-15-08 19:49:45 PDT)

This the route to go. I have five of similar design. Way better than the individual plastic containers. I can't believe I waited until last year to buy them.
They fit nicely in a moderate sized refrigerator and close tightly. No skin. Also, they prove invaluable for mixing sausage or any huge amount of food.
Space is a consideration. Face it. Anyone reading this has or is seriously considering sticking a behemoth oven in his/her backyard or ultimately their kitchen. A pizza refrigerator is not out of the question. I have one and two beer refrigerators. I can slice prosciutto on the spinning electric meter. Do the regular sane neighbors question your sanity. Mine certainly had suspected. Their suspicions were confirmed when they noticed the Stoelting ice cream (gelato) machine in my kitchen.
James. Sell the dough trays. Fellow nutjobs, BUY the dough trays.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Apprentice

I bought a stackable tray at a restaurant supply store that is 13 1/2 inches by 21 inches and 4 inches high. It holds 8-12 dough balls. But I don't put it in the fridge. I refrigerate the dough in a big tub, then make the balls and let them stay room temp until after the party, then I take what is left over and put them in the fridge.

Personally, I think a canvas "ice chest" may be more practical to hold stacks of trays. Maybe we can invent one just for pizza dough ball trays....one that keeps the ice away from the tray.

Or there are those plug-in coolers......maybe we can have them specially made for pizza dough balls.......HELP, I'm inventing and I can't stop!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

A pizza/bread dough refrigerator... of course, you're right! I need one!

With dough trays, obviously.

And here's silly old me thinking what I really wanted was a dough kneading machine... nearly got my husband convinced on that one, too....
Old 05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Journeyman

I'm glad I could straighten you out, Frances.

KrossKraft
I would certainly entertain your ice chest idea if I ever find myself in the woods on an episode of Dinner Impossible. Honestly, if I go through the motions of heating a WFO for 4 hours, I'm making at the very least, 20 - 25 pizzas. So, schlepping all that ice is a deal killer.

My next acquisition, which will certify me as a loon, is a refrigerated prep table.
Who has one?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Serf

I got these at Lowes.
My smallish veggie drawer in the fridge holds 4 of these perfectly
Attached Thumbnails
Dough storage trays-box.jpg  
Old 05-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Dough storage trays

Sometimes it takes a little time to wake up!
Several years ago, a close friend of mine bought some stackable trays/boxes from Mitsubishi Motors. We have a vehicle manufacturing plant here in Adelaide where I sourced them but it shut down at the end of March 08 so, no more boxes.
Well, over the past 3 years, I bought 4 stillages of boxes and have many of these bins/boxes/trays are sitting around being used to organise my, my son's, sons in law workshops and a wrecking yard that I do a little work for, spare parts boxes. I have around 500 there awaiting use.
Each stillage cost me Au$60 and contain 360 shallow bins or 180 deep ones or a combination of both. The last 3 have stillages have contained only 7 deep boxes, so I have many small ones. OK for around 16c each eh!
The shallow ones are 13.5" x 10" x 3.5" deep and ideal for proofing.
I just washed these 3 and will use them tomorrow moring when making my dough for our Mothers Day pizza night.

Neill
Attached Thumbnails
Dough storage trays-3-crossed-boxes-web.jpg   Dough storage trays-3-stacked-boxes-web.jpg   Dough storage trays-single-box-web.jpg  

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Laborer

I was just going to start a thread on this topic and found this thread. I could not find anything on the FB site so I looked at Amazon, etc.

After reading what you guys said about the dough trays being too large, I must admit, I never thought about them fitting in the frig.

I have been to the Container Store before and looked on line. I found these but I will have to go there in person. They have a LOT of containers.

The Container Store > Shop Kitchen > Food Storage > Commercial > Commercial Food Pans

Loren
Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Nice find.

I'm going to try these. What size do you think is best? They even fit in the refrigerator.
James

Old 06-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here's a another thread on dough storage.

These containers work really well.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/...ners-4028.html (Dough Storage Containers)

My costs:

My pics:

Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave, I just purchase 2 of your original find. They have the clear in stock for 9.99.
Pinellas Park......no wonder they call you redneck Dave, it is not the Texas thing....I live about 20 minutes away in Oldsmar - the first town west of Tampa along Tampa Road in Pinellas County....along the most northern part of Tampa Bay.

RT