Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Get Cooking (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Cast iron waffle iron? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/cast-iron-waffle-iron-20420.html)

GrahamG 02-20-2014 11:08 AM

Cast iron waffle iron?

Does anyone know where to get a cast iron Belgian waffle iron, that I can put into the WFO??

SableSprings 02-20-2014 01:10 PM

Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamG (Post 169821)
Does anyone know where to get a cast iron Belgian waffle iron, that I can put into the WFO??

Since Forno Bravo doesn't offer a waffle iron, the link below looks like a good choice for the WFO. Lots of other sources and styles if you Google cast iron waffle iron...

Waffle Iron - Rome Outdoor Cookware UK

I've used a similar model on a wood fired cook stove and it worked pretty well.

GrahamG 02-22-2014 05:00 AM

Brilliant, thank you Mike.

I have been looking on Ebay after looking at Forno Bravo in the hope I can them in the UK!

Wiley 02-22-2014 02:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
While looking for a waffle iron you might also keep you eye open for a pizzelle iron, for they are quite similar and are fun and easy to make in the WFO. I found this one at a Goodwill for not much money. While called an "iron" this one is made of aluminum. From what I have read it seems they were often engraved with a special date, like someone's wedding year and were given as a gift. This one has the date 1927 engraved into one of the diamonds.

When just out of the oven the pizzelle are very pliable, much like a fortune cookie. From what I have read these were originally molded around a cone to make the first ice cream cones. They are also rolled into small tubes and filled with chocolate cream for deserts.

bests,
Wiley

V-wiz 02-23-2014 09:20 AM

Nice tools there.

GrahamG 03-01-2014 08:52 AM

Just bought 2 cast iron wafffle irons.

Wiley 03-01-2014 05:44 PM

Curious!? Usually when I get a notice that there has been a new posting to a thread that I am following, I click on the link and am connected to the thread and to the new post. In this case it seems something is not working, has it been deleted or ?

So where is UtahBeehiver's post ? Seems bigoted, close minded postings are now permitted and any comment on how such postings are offensive goes missing.

This has always been what I considered to be a civil forum. Has policy changed?

RE China made items. Look at your computer, good chance it or parts of it were made in China. Less chance that half of the parts were made in the USA and virtually no chance any parts were made in the UK. Your computer must must be working as you can read this.

On another related/unrelated thought:

There has only been three countries that have successfully put a man in orbit/space and returned him alive to earth. Can anyone name them? Can anyone name the only country of the three who is no longer able to place a man in space or orbit around the earth?

Wiley

Mdog91 03-06-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiley (Post 170157)
Curious!? Usually when I get a notice that there has been a new posting to a thread that I am following, I click on the link and am connected to the thread and to the new post. In this case it seems something is not working, has it been deleted or ?

So where is UtahBeehiver's post ? Seems bigoted, close minded postings are now permitted and any comment on how such postings are offensive goes missing.

This has always been what I considered to be a civil forum. Has policy changed?

RE China made items. Look at your computer, good chance it or parts of it were made in China. Less chance that half of the parts were made in the USA and virtually no chance any parts were made in the UK. Your computer must must be working as you can read this.

On another related/unrelated thought:

There has only been three countries that have successfully put a man in orbit/space and returned him alive to earth. Can anyone name them? Can anyone name the only country of the three who is no longer able to place a man in space or orbit around the earth?

Wiley

No idea what you are talking about in reference to other posts.

The three countries are the U.S.A., China, and Russia. Currently the U.S.A relies on partnerships with Russia to do it since the retirement of the space shuttle program.

I do like the waffle iron!

GrahamG 03-06-2014 11:10 PM

Yes, I can't wait to get them, I also bought a double electric waffle maker just in case...The family cannot wait.

SableSprings 03-08-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamG (Post 170384)
Yes, I can't wait to get them, I also bought a double electric waffle maker just in case...The family cannot wait.

Graham, do you have a sourdough culture? If you do, I have a pretty good recipe for sourdough waffles. Let me know and I'll post a pdf here for you to try. I've used it with both electric and external heat waffle irons with good success.