Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Get Cooking (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Bosch vs Electrolux (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/bosch-vs-electrolux-2266.html)

DrDuktayp 07-15-2007 03:55 PM

Bosch vs Electrolux

After using a bread machine to make tiny batches of dough, I am ready to purchase a REAL mixer. I was looking at the DLX when I happened across the Bosch. It looks really nice and is less money too. Anyone have an opinion? I am going back and forth between these two. I will be using it to make dough mostly for pizza with some bread on occasion.

DrDuktayp

DrDuktayp 07-16-2007 09:59 AM

Re: Bosch vs Electrolux : Chose Bosch

So, no need to reply to prior post. I talked with the company that sells both and decided to go with the Bosch. I can put the 180 dollars saved toward building my oven or other purchases.

I will give my comments on the mixer once it arrives. Currently my experience is with large commercial planetary mixers and bread machines. I can hardly wait to make a larger batch and have a pizza party.

DrDuktayp

Les 07-16-2007 10:17 AM

Re: Bosch vs Electrolux

They make a few - what flavor did you purchase?

Les...

DrDuktayp 07-16-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 12697)
They make a few - what flavor did you purchase?

Les...

I purchased the Universal Mixer.

DrDuktayp

dalucca2003 07-18-2007 10:15 AM

Whom did you buy from? I am in the same boat as you where and I spoke with a Pleasant Hill Grain Company.

DrDuktayp 07-18-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalucca2003 (Post 12741)
Whom did you buy from? I am in the same boat as you where and I spoke with a Pleasant Hill Grain Company.

I purchased from them and so far am impressed. They answered all of my questions, shipped the way I prefer, and offered 'no pressure' suggestions. The lady that took my order has one and suggested the cookie paddles.

I'm hoping that I have it Friday. I will let you know what I think once I have seen it and given it a try.

DrDuktayp

DrDuktayp 07-22-2007 10:26 AM

Review of Bosch

I got the Bosch Universal yesterday and made two 16 inch pizzas.

After watching the short video on the machine, I started measuring out my ingredients. I did follow the one suggestion from the video which was to add the salt last.

Basic procedure was to-
Measure out dry ingredients
Add measured water (and oil) to mixing bowl - I used 21oz water & 2TBL oil
Turn mixer on to 1
Spoon in dry ingredients
Add the salt just before all the ingredients came together
Run mixer 3 minutes on 1
Turn mixer to 2 and ran another 3 minutes
Pull dough and let rise

I only waited an hour before making into pizzas- we were hungry

I was very impressed with how well it mixed and how well it worked after rising. The dough had a wonderful feel when I was working it into my shells. AND the dough didn't come out of the bowl all overworked and sticky. Instead, I would describe the dough as warm and stretchy. In fact, I was tempted to toss the dough instead of rolling it out into pie shells. So, I mostly rolled out the dough with an occassional toss for fun.

Wow! I can't wait to make another batch.

DrDuktayp

Les 07-22-2007 04:15 PM

Congrats!!! thanks for the info.

Les...