Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Get Cooking (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Any good brisket recipes (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/any-good-brisket-recipes-2518.html)

dougecs 09-06-2007 12:44 PM

Any good brisket recipes

Any on have any good recipes for a roast or brisket and tips on cooking it in my oven having my 6 and 7 fire this weekend and I would like to cook something after I hit my temp goal going for 900 on Sat then I will try for the big fire then the frighting fire.

asudavew 09-06-2007 03:07 PM

Re: Any good brisket recipes

Well my oven isn't done yet, but I have cooked brisket numerous times on my grill.

Here's what I am going to do when my oven is finished.

I would shoot for loading the brisket when the oven is about three hundred, maybe three fifty. It depends on how fast the temps drop off, but you will need a good 8-10 hours at around 250-225.

For my brisket I smear prepared mustard(helps tenderize and add flavor), and then I give it a nice dense coat of my season mixture.
1/4 fresh course ground pepper, 1/4 salt, 1/4 garlic powder, 1/4 onion powder.

It can be 1/4 th of a cup or 1 cup of each, depends on how much you need, and what you want to put it on, but it's great on everything.

I would then put the brisket in the oven and throw wood chips on the coals for the first two hours. Then I would leave it alone. And let it slooooow cook. I do have to wrap mine in aluminum foil on my grill after the first 2 hours, or it will dry out.

I am not sure about the wood oven, they are supposed to much moister.

Let me know if you try it this way, I would love to see and read about the results.

DrakeRemoray 09-06-2007 03:52 PM

Re: Any good brisket recipes

This is my killer brisket recipe. It is a winner, but I have never made it in the WFO...It would probably be a recipe for the day after the fire in my oven...

Slow Roasted BBQ Brisket from Houston Texas

Ingredients:

1 4-5lb beef brisket (for a larger brisket, double or triple the sauces)

Sauce #1

4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs Liquid smoke
4 Tbs Soy sauce
2 tsp Garlic powder with salt
2 tsp Onion Salt
2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Salt
Dash of Tabasco Sauce to taste

Sauce #2

6 Tbs Dark brown sugar
1 Cup Ketchup
2 tsp Dry mustard
2 tsp Lemon juice
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
tsp Nutmeg
Dash of Tabasco to taste

Preparation:
Mix all of the ingredients for Sauce #1 and let them stand 20 minutes.

Place Brisket in a deep roasting pan and cover with sauce#1. Cover brisket with foil. Bake for 3 hours at 300 degrees.

Mix all of the ingredients for sauce #2 and let them stand for 20 minutes.

After brisket has baked for 3 hours pour off about of the drippings. Cover with sauce #2 and cook another 1&1/2 hours covered with foil.

Let Brisket rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!