Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Oven Management > Heat Management

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Saturated oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrisbizakis View Post
You chose better wood because of the flavour of the smoke that the wood produce?
I think the bigger issue for me is no "pops". Softwood throws out sparks, hardwood burns hotter with no explosions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
I think the bigger issue for me is no "pops". Softwood throws out sparks, hardwood burns hotter with no explosions.
Yea, but then you miss the fireworks and neat little holes in your shirts and pants, as well as those nice little ankle warming embers that get caught in the fabric at the top of your shoes...
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Until now I did have a single pop!
I don't know why but it burns quietly, big an fast!
I throw one log once the fire from the previous is gone, i need to baby sit the fire the whole time, I fill the oven as I fiil it with olive branches with a updoen furing it catches all at once and it creates a huge smoke and I 'm afraid that the fir department will arrived just at the time that my neighbors are getting ready to kill me!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
Yea, but then you miss the fireworks and neat little holes in your shirts and pants, as well as those nice little ankle warming embers that get caught in the fabric at the top of your shoes...
Yes, and also the crunchy charcoal-y bits on your pizza. Nom nom.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Doesn't really matter what you use to get the heat into the mass of your oven it all heat really. I use palm frond cause they are always around and a pest to get rid off. There full of oil catch like a bomb and burn away real quick and leave a lot of ash and don't smell that good. But for all that, there are heat.
Scrape the excess ash out at the end and throw in some good hardwood and you would never know.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 10-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
Doesn't really matter what you use to get the heat into the mass of your oven it all heat really. I use palm frond cause they are always around and a pest to get rid off. There full of oil catch like a bomb and burn away real quick and leave a lot of ash and don't smell that good. But for all that, there are heat.
Scrape the excess ash out at the end and throw in some good hardwood and you would never know.
Regards dave
Hello, the main problem with quick burning fuel is that you have to stay all the time so you could feed the fire so that the heat is continued all the time.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Cool Re: Saturated oven

Quote:
Hello, the main problem with quick burning fuel is that you have to stay all the time so you could feed the fire so that the heat is continued all the time.
Gudday
Life's what you think it is. I get the lawn mown early. So I can have a cold beer, tend the fire and what the flames. Doesn't get any better.
Regards
Dave
brickie in oz and Greenman like this.

My Build

My Door

Old 10-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wink Re: Saturated oven

Quote:
Gudday
Life's what you think it is. I get the lawn mown early. So I can have a cold beer, tend the fire and what the flames. Doesn't get any better.
Regards
Dave
Saturated oven-image.jpg

Note essential items cold beer, poker and wife is no were to be seen
dimitrisbizakis likes this.

My Build

My Door

Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Gudday
Regards
Dave
Really nice but I have two kids that really need my attention.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Smile Re: Saturated oven

Quote:
Really nice but I have two kids that really need my attention.
And they grow up much to fast. Enjoy them while you can
Regards dave

My Build

My Door