Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: The Highs & Lows or Heat Management

Hi everyone! A belated thanks for all the suggestions - I can't seem to get near the computer much these days so I'm woefully behind in reading the forum posts.
I have noted all the different suggestions to guard against stuck pizzas and right after my first modification, which will be to find a new dough recipe (one that's less like super-glue) I will try them, one by one, till I find the one that works for me. I will eventually announce a winner but it may be a while before I make my way through the list. I plan to have fun doing it though!
And Jeff, cooking in the cold and dark is just some sort of perverse pleasure in doing things the hard way, I guess, however I'm SOOOO ready to tackle it your way, in shorts (if that's what stubbies are?) and a t-shirt ... if the weather would just cooperate ...

Sarah
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: The Highs & Lows or Heat Management

Cooking in Ottawa eh? I did my tour up there and it can be very cold!! You're a brave woman!

I just want to add to the "keep it moving" comment. If you give your pizza on the peel a slight shake it should move just a bit (not stick) and then you know it will slide off. If it sticks, get something under it....flour, cornmeal, ricemeal, wholemeal/wholewheat flour....whatever.

I usually make a lot of pizzas (6-12) on my counter at the same time. Sticking can be a problem so use a lot of flour/cornmeal. Last batch, I was sliding a thin metal peel under them to loosten and then slid on my wood peels for transfer to the oven. All were saved and made it to the oven in batches of 3.

A little shake to make sure they were loose...then into the flames.

Good luck....C'est la vie!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!