Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Oven Management > Heat Management

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Heat bank filler

Just to clarify for those that dont know, Alan Watt is a disciple of Alan Scott.
Alan Watt is a ceramicist from Canberra and dreams that he is the be all and end all of oven design.

He knows and teaches the basics, ie, large uninsulated heat sink, insulation on top of the oven if you can be bothered.

I attended one of his two day courses ($300) and at the time was mightily impressed with the results............until I found you lot........

All things changed after that, and Im glad..........owhhhh......group hug......group hug...........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Master Builder

Praise fire, rejoice! Al, has been down the road of misguidances, misinformation and misdemeanors. He has been burned, smoked and stroked, but now he's looked in the depths of insulation and has seen the miracle of science in application. Glory be to the wisdom of paying your dues with the right tools. So here's a shout out to the Brickie of OZ!
brickie in oz and mrchipster like this.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Praise fire, rejoice! Al, has been down the road of misguidances, misinformation and misdemeanors. He has been burned, smoked and stroked, but now he's looked in the depths of insulation and has seen the miracle of science in application. Glory be to the wisdom of paying your dues with the right tools. So here's a shout out to the Brickie of OZ!
Here...Here...I hope some day soon to re-visit the land of Oz and if I am any where near I expect I will pay a visit to Brickie the Oracle of Whittlesea.

Chip
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nawh guys, Ive gone all misty.......

Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Master Builder

Didn't the oracle turn out to be a female..maybe brickie is hiding something

Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ive got lots of stories and jokes I could tell too but they are not appropriate for this forum.....

Last edited by brickie in oz; 02-27-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Master Builder

...... What gets discussed around the oven stays around the oven