Old 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Fire Shields

Cool, now I want to see it in action. do you have any temperature readings before/after type of stuff?

It appears the plate sit's on the hearth.....Would it be good to have a space under it? Now what do I use for wheels....

Hope it's patented so you get the royalties

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabia Jim View Post
Cool, now I want to see it in action. do you have any temperature readings before/after type of stuff?

It appears the plate sit's on the hearth.....Would it be good to have a space under it? Now what do I use for wheels....

Hope it's patented so you get the royalties

Thanks
XJim,
I tried the wheel thing but it was costing me a fortune in replacements and the rubber was a real pain to clean off the floor.

I will get some readings for you next weekend. At this point I can say that by the time the temp drops on one side from multiple pizza bakes I can throw it to that side and bake on the alternate while the first side recharges. Will get you time and temps next week; I dismantled my temporary chimney system to erect the final yesterday and want to give the mortar a week to cure. Which will also affect the timing of the video - - I will post some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbingham View Post
Nice illustrations JCG. Cool idea.

I'm not having big problems with ash and embers on pizzas, but the occasional rolling log off fire will make me shout a few profanities.
Yeah, as I said, the oak I am using isn't as seasoned as the seller would have had me believe, next time I will bring my moisture meter. But as mentioned above, apart from pizza cosmetics, the real value so far to me has been in managing the hearth temps. And while I haven't yet put the grill attachment to use I have parked the coals outside the oven while baking and then reinserted afterwards (to kiln dry my unseasoned wood).

Next week's video will now include "the George" a front log guard attachment and perhaps a ballbearing wheel system for XJim.

Thanks all,
Jim

yet
Old 04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Journeyman

jcg31.
That is SO good.
Plus I admire your graphics skills.
Thanks for sharing.
J.