Old 01-22-2012, 03:50 AM
Serf

Default Re: Wollongong NSW Australia

Thanks for the reply and the offer to take a look at your oven, I might take you up on that at a later date when I have a better idea of how these things get put together.
I'm located in Coniston.
Still in the very early stages, deciding how big, what to use, where to put it etc.
Planning on using firbricks, tapered if I can get them at a reasonable price, but it's pretty hard to find locally available firebrick specs online.
Do you know of any local council regulations ccovering these things?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Serf

Don't know of any council regs. I live in Figtree and can give you some advice on how to build it if you want, point out the things I would do differently on the next oven. I brought all my materials from Refractech in Unanderra.
Just let me know if you want some, limited, advice. I know I would have loved to have someone to talk to when I started my oven but there was no-one around here at the time.
Cheers for now
Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

As you have cured your oven prior to insulating it you will also have to be careful to drive off all the moisture from the vermicrete layer before doing the final render/stucco, assuming that is how you plan to go. Vermicrete holds incredible amount of water and if you don't get rid of it you can expect cracks in the outside layer.Try placing a sheet of plastic over it to see if there is any condensation occurring.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Serf

Thanks nodison.
I'll make use of that offer when I get closer to actual construction.
If all goes well it'll probably be sometime this winter while the weather is cooler.