Old 09-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Peasant

Default Re: What fire wood should I not use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edschmidt View Post
The creosote offgassing into the food is not a problem because you only cook long after the creosote is long gone, you dont get any new buildup above 800deg. as far as the coals adding flavor to food I dont buy it. I do smoke in my oven, in fact I just cold smoked a nice confit pork loin which does add flavor, coals on the other hand do not produce smoke, or flavor, when my oven is up to temp there is no smoke to add a flavor to the food, I think this is a misnomer.
Eddie
You may be right. But I find it hard to believe that if you are cooking with a live fire in the oven that smoke has no effect... combustion is unlikely to be that efficient at these temperatures. It isn't fully efficient at temperatures far higher than pizza oven levels. Though there is certainly much less smoke at 700 then 350

North carolina bbq is traditionally cooked using coals. It adds noticeable flavor to the food...

Here's a link to my oven pics thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.