Old 03-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Serf

Default Re: soggy pizza oven

When I fire the oven, I usually do so for at least 90 minutes and usually 120. I feel like as soon as i move the fire off to the side it begins to lose heat. But the last time I tried it was the time I had alot of trouble because it was so wet inside. So I am going to do it again this week and see what happens. As soon as I do that i will post again. And I will keep good track of how the temp goes as time goes by- even after I stop adding new wood. It should retain enough heat to bake bread at least for a few hours I think ? And I never put the oven door on when doing pizza. Only when baking bread. Thanks again for your advice.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: soggy pizza oven

Sounds to me like your oven is still wet. Give it another few fires and I' m sure it will improve. We've had tons of tropical rain and my oven was damp and mouldy on the inside. Did a roast last night that came out beautifully, but I ended up firing the oven all afternoon and the temp dropped off really quickly. It will need a few more fires. Damp wood doesn't help either.