Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Oven Management > Firing Your Oven

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Neighbor is complaining about soot damage

That's why a small oven is an advantage. We don't mind firing the oven for two pizzas because it uses such a small amount of wood. Mine takes 4Kg of wood to reach 350C
Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Serf

I'm thinking she is complaining about it because she is jealous that you have a WFO and she has not been invited over for a pizza
Old 01-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
Perhaps when you are baking some bread after the pizza, you can leave some bread for the neighbors on all sides....That will go a long way to mollify any affects of smoke in any direction.
All joking aside, I have received numerous suggestions to offer her pizza or other food as a peace-offering. Not to sound ingenuous, but such suggestions sound rather naive after having had direct personal experience with this woman.

In other words, trust me, it won't work. This is war, plain and simple...but I appreciate the attempt to help me find a solution, really. Thanks.

I haven't used the oven much during the cold, dark, wet winter, just Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not pizza or bread. I'm hoping to get back into it as the season comes back around. We'll just have to see what happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
For one or 2 pizzas, I just use the kitchen oven. I am not going to fire up the WFO for less than 4, and preferably 8 or 10. I do tend to give away a lot pizzas to neighbors, though.
I must agree with you. I have realized that I cannot motivate myself to do pizza for just myself and my wife. I think I will only use my oven when it is intended for a larger party.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzla View Post
I'm thinking she is complaining about it because she is jealous that you have a WFO and she has not been invited over for a pizza
No, that isn't it. Thanks though, I appreciate the support.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebwi View Post
I must agree with you. I have realized that I cannot motivate myself to do pizza for just myself and my wife. I think I will only use my oven when it is intended for a larger party.
Hi all,

Just to begin, nothing compares to the real deal, a WFO. I started out my pizza in my home oven, preccoking the dough with a total time of about 8 mins to a finished pie (I'm a pizza nut).... I guess having the other night done a Margherita in my WFO in 90 secs, I have come a long way.

But do any of you have an LBE (the portable modified mini pizza oven)? Is this anywhere on this forum? Is it frowned upon??

I mention this because I first really started cooking at high temps and low times (400C+, <2mins) after I buit my own. For those who don't have a smaller WFO, or those like myself who have the oven in their place of work or it's a big oven, the little oven will give you approximately the same pizza quality (without the fun/hassle of tending the fire - I say the fire is like my kid... I constantly have to be bugging her to do what she should. It's fun, but wears you out).

I like my WFO (don't love it yet, 'cause I'm still frustrated working out the kinks). Here is however a pic of pizza made in my contraption.... I can make them in my small apartment no prob!

Cheers,
Tenorio
Attached Thumbnails
Neighbor is complaining about soot damage-onepizza.jpg  
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

This is venturing pretty far afield of this thread's original topic. Perhaps starting a new thread with a relevant subject line would help you gather responses more efficiently as
people would then see your question in the subject list.

Other than that, best of luck.

Cheers!

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Laborer

I was just trying to suggest a solution to the issue of firing your oven for just a couple of pizzas. I picked up on that issue at the end of this thread - figured the less you fire it up, the less complaining there would be. But yes, I do realize it's far off the original topic.

Nice oven btw.

Cheers,
T
Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

No worries.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 11-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Is there some sort of resolution to this story, what was the end out come?