Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Oven Management > Firing Your Oven

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Serf

Default Re: Cracks

Thanks again for the suggestions. As we only made pizza once so far we have a lot to learn. the next time we fire it up I'll check to see how much heat can be felt on the bottom of the slab to see if any insulation would be helpful there.

The good news is that the pizza we did make only browned a bit on top and the bottom was fully cooked. Will be looking to see how the rest of the curing process goes and finishing the final look of our project. Hope to post some pictures soon (need to learn how to do this too).
Thanks again,
Joe
Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Cracks

Hi jdefeo,

OK, here is what you do if you want to brown the top of a pizza that has cooked well enough on the bottom. Get the peel under the pie as though you were going to remove it from the oven, then raise the peel towards the top of the oven where it is hottest. It will cook fast, bubble, and brown by the count of five. If you want it done more then do it again. I can't take credit for this wonderful tip, other forum members mentioned it, so I am paying it forward.

Cheers,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.