Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Forum Guidelines (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   Social Bookmarking (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/social-bookmarking-1998.html)

james 05-20-2007 09:08 AM

Social Bookmarking

I have been doing a little research on social bookmarking, and it seems to be a growing technology that helps groups of people share websites and blogs that they find interesting, and that also help individuals keep better track of their bookmarks -- you can keep track of bookmarks on the Internet where you can access them from where ever, not just your own computer.

Is anyone using these services? There are quite a few, Digg, Del.icio.us and StumbleUpon to name a few. With so many Internet sites, it's getting harder finding the good ones, and telling friends or community member what you like seems to be a good idea.

It would be interesting to hear and learn more.
James

mgraban 05-21-2007 10:46 AM

Re: Social Bookmarking

I've used Stumbleupon for a few weeks, after a friend invited me, but I don't see much value in it.

james 05-22-2007 04:32 AM

Mi Mark,

I wonder if it's an age thing -- no offense intended. :-) The companies that are putting together the services seem to be doing well. But then I don't get myspace either, and they're worth billions.

James

jwnorris 05-22-2007 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 10705)
<snip>But then I don't get myspace either, and they're worth billions.

James

What? You mean we are not ALL on your firends list? :eek:

J W
:cool:

james 05-22-2007 07:39 AM

I haven't watched the story very closely, but didn't myspace just disclose that they had thousands of sex offenders registered on the site?? Yikes.
James

Archena 05-22-2007 04:28 PM

I use de.lic.ious and love it. I do enjoy checking ot My Network and seeing what other folks are playing with - sometimes it leads to some pretty good stuff. A friend who's in my network uses Stumble Upon - through him I found a ton of stuff on a topic I thought I'd done a fair about of surfing/research on.

I use de.lic.ious primarily for the bookmark storage (can be very easy to find stuff once you get the hang of it) but it's a good way to share links with people of similar interests and have them share with you (you can actually send specific links in de.lic.ious).

james 05-23-2007 06:15 AM

Archena,
That's it. You've put your finger on it. I have heard from a number of people that they have found FB.com through one of the social bookmarking sites, and there have even been a few cases where somebody said something nice about us on another site, and we can see an increase in page views in our analytics page.
So, everybody should bookmark us. :-)
James

Archena 05-23-2007 06:34 PM

Already done - pretty sure I shared it when I bookmarked it as well. :)

Archena 09-02-2007 04:34 PM

Social Bookmarking Explained (Video)

This site has a video explaining it.

Brauma 09-17-2007 03:38 AM

Bummer. Seems I cant use it with Maxthon - my favorite browser.

Really looks like something I could use.