Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Forum Guidelines (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   Pizza oven on trailer (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/pizza-oven-trailer-20010.html)

Redbuoy99 10-06-2013 01:55 AM

Pizza oven on trailer

I am interested in building a dome oven mounted on a trailer. Any advice regarding methods of securing the dome to the trailer base other than just mortaring the dome together as on a stationary base?

tusr18a 10-08-2013 07:56 PM

Re: Pizza oven on trailer

Mount a steel pan with a lip on it to the trailer first. Build the oven inside the pan. Use cabling to secure the dome to the steel plate and trailer. See mainewoodheat.com for ideas. This is the method used by that company.

stonecutter 10-08-2013 08:17 PM

Some nice set ups on that site, though the oven is mounted too low for my liking.....guess it doesn't matter, I'll never order one.

Gulf might want to look into that sliding shelf idea..looks familiar. ;)

Gulf 10-09-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonecutter (Post 163222)
Some nice set ups on that site, though the oven is mounted too low for my liking.....guess it doesn't matter, I'll never order one.

Gulf might want to look into that sliding shelf idea..looks familiar. ;)

Stonecutter,
You've got my interest! Can you post a direct link. I went to this site. Mainewoodheat.com. I looked around over there a few minutes this morning before leaving for work and for a few, just now :confused:.
A direct link and pic would be great for someone who works 12 hour days, plus the drive :).

tusr18a 10-09-2013 07:50 PM

Here is a link showing a maine wood heat mobile oven: STANDARD PIZZA COMPANY.

Greenman 10-10-2013 12:41 AM

That is one very pretty oven. If it cooks half as well as it looks then it would be sweet.
What kind of $ are involved in ovens like this?

stonecutter 10-10-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf (Post 163273)
Stonecutter,
I looked around over there a few minutes this morning before leaving for work and for a few, just now :confused:.
A direct link and pic would be great for someone who works 12 hour days, plus the drive :).

I thought since you figured out how to use emoticons so well, a direct link isn't necessary! :p

Redbuoy99 10-10-2013 08:24 AM

Thanks for the link to the Maine wood heat site. Has anyone built one themselves? I am wondering how the cables are placed as to not create a problem with the ovens expansion during firing.

Gulf 10-10-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonecutter (Post 163305)
I thought since you figured out how to use emoticons so well, a direct link isn't necessary! :p

---------------------------?----------------------

Oh well. One day, when you get my age, some whippersnapper will talk over your head too. humor (inserted here) arh arh.

stonecutter 10-10-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf (Post 163342)
---------------------------?----------------------

Oh well. One day, when you get my age, some whippersnapper will talk over your head too. humor (inserted here) arh arh.

Unless you are more than 30 years older than me, I don't think I will qualify as a whippersnapper.

My aforementioned post was a friendly gibe about how you were struggling with the link, ( a seeming cpu deficiency) yet are proficient with the tools available to visually enhance your topical interchanges*.

* This post was composed using thoughly sarcastic but non-derisive denotations. In other words....I was just joshin ya.
hehehe.