Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Forum Guidelines (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   Photo editing software (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/photo-editing-software-548.html)

james 04-25-2006 10:46 AM

Photo editing software

Share with the group how you reduce photo image size to fit under the 100KB maximum photo size, or share by email.

I'm on a Mac and can do the following:

1. In iPhoto, export your photo with a limited size. About 400x300 is less than 100KB,

2. Download an inexpensive utility called GraphicConverter (about $25). You can set both the image pixel size, and image quality. If you want, you can display a larger photo (640x480 or more), with 80-90% image quality, and fit within the 100KB.

3. Buy Fireworks (about $150 as part of Studio at the educational price). It does the same things.

James

jengineer 04-25-2006 11:53 AM

what I have been using

I have been using freeware called "FastStone Photo Resizer 1.4". It has allowed me to reduce the daughter's photo, yes the one that will put me in a nursing home, and has allowed me to put copyright marks on the photos that I post. It also allows for cropping. Fast learning curve, only got frustrated once when I didn't pay attention to what the software was telling me it was going to do and then it did it! Sorry, not Mac friendly.

Publisher: FastStone Soft
Date added: December 22, 2004
License: Free
Minimum requirements: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server
Uninstaller included?: Yes

I forget who pointed me to this particular software but I am quite happy with it.

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/FastS...l?tag=lst-0-14

je

CanuckJim 04-26-2006 05:34 AM

Oh, boy

je,

Downloaded the software, and I'll cruise with it today. Tried to send you unedited bread pics yesterday (two separate emails), but I don't think you got them, because I also tried to send you an email today and it was kicked back us undeliverable. Should I resend the unedited pics of bread and tools or wait until I figure out the resizer?

Jim

jengineer 04-26-2006 06:59 AM

my bad :( I forgot to add two numbers to the end of my email addy.
ldiver61 @ yahoo . com (remove athe spaces)

carioca 10-07-2006 03:34 AM

Picasa works fine for me...

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

just chanced upopn this discussion - I've downloaded the free Picasa program from Google. Among other things, it lets you export pictures in a much reduced size to send by e-mail. To try this feature, I'm attaching a picture of two sourdough bread loaves I baked when our electric oven still worked :-)

Cheers,

Carioca

james 10-07-2006 03:51 AM

Ciao Carioca,

Tutto a posto. Nice looking bread.

Are you from Italy initially? Does your family have a brick oven there?
James

KCJones 07-17-2007 10:26 AM

Re: Photo editing software

I've got a ton of photos of my progress but can't post because the photos are ~ 2.5 meg each. I downloaded FastStone Photo Resizer 2.4. It reduced the pics to ~1.7 meg. Now what can I do?

Les 07-17-2007 10:37 AM

KC - I've been using this for the thumbnails. It's working for me.

Online Image Resizer - Resize digital photo, images or pictures online!

Les...

jengineer 07-17-2007 11:13 AM

KC - looks like Les has a quick solution. If more power is needed then FastStone will work. You need to go into the options and choose a smaller format.

I just looked at the web site FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ... and I see that the software is updated and expanded. It looks like Resizer is a smaller version of Image Viewer

KCJones 07-17-2007 11:53 AM

Thanks guys! I'll change formats on my camera and try the thumbnail fix.

Will I be able to upload pics in the photo gallery?
KC