Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Photo editing software

I'll work on freeing up some brain cells and see if I can remember

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks!

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 02-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Journeyman

James,

If interested in the functionality xJim referenced, here is a product that accomplishes the task and much more. We use it with all of our clients. Works great (multi-select, very quick), low overhead and really cheap ($190 per domain).

Image Uploader :: Products - Aurigma
Jim
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Picasa finally

I finally downloaded Picasa....

Thanks to all those who recommended it....I'm sorry it took me so long to try it....looks like it will do the trick after using it today.

It seems like you just hit export and the file is right sized too.

Thanks

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Serf

For those who still want to down size pics for e mail and have photoshop, click on image, < image size< in width box (or height box which ever is the longer side to picture) enter 500. Then save as copy.This will reduce to a mailable size. I have just done one from 10.7Mb to 400Kb. To be safe always make a copy of pic first and save as a tiff. This means that the quality will alway stay with the same pixles and will not degrade. Every time you save a pic in jpeg it reduces the quality.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Serf

Hi all,
For those who still want to down size pics for e mail and have photoshop, click on image, < image size< in width box (or height box which ever is the longer side to picture) enter 500. Then save as copy.This will reduce to a mailable size. I have just done one from 10.7Mb to 400Kb. To be safe always make a copy of pic first and save as a tiff. This means that the quality will alway stay with the same pixles and will not degrade. Every time you save a pic in jpeg it reduces the quality.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Serf

Try Resizemypicture.com its free and does not get much easier.
I also use picaso If you have a whole album on your oven simply export it (whole file) and whala they are all reduced for your posting pleasure!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Serf

I use Gimp on my iMac. It does all that I ever did on Photoshop on a pc and is free to download.

Images can be resized to your own chosen dimensions. Right click on an image the size of which you want to copy and go to 'View Image Info'. That will show you the dimensions of the image and you apply them in the Gimp editor to your own image. Then save the result as a new file.

I find that this work very well with my blog, ensuring that images on it are all the same dimensions.

The Grumpy Expat
Old 10-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm learning PaintNET (free online). It's not as big of a memory hog as Gimp which suits my needs better at the moment.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]