Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Forum Guidelines

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: New Membership Levels

Ok,
5 pack of Calputo flour is here, thanks FB, we will enjoy.
Anyone have a good pizza dough recipe. This is meet the parents weekend for us, our oldest daughter is excited, need a good one.
Attached Thumbnails
New Membership Levels-dscn2959.jpg  

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Apprentice

I use an Ozeri touch pro scale from amazon. Others may have different recipes, but this works for me. 636g caputo Tipo 00, 413g water, 13-16g salt, 4g yeast.

I mix in a Kitchenaid mixer with a dough hook a drizzle a little olive oil on the dough. Mixing time is 8-12 min., Slow first, then the next notch higher.

I either let it sit out for 4plus hours, or proof it in the frig afterward for up to a week, the. Take out and let sit for 1 plus hrs. Scoop out onto floured surface, flour it and divide by 4 by weight. Use flour liberally as it will absorb what it wants.

Look up the many ways to stretch the dough, but don't roll it and use flour to handle it.

I start firing the oven and do the stretching several times when I come back in, as I find that letting it rest for awhile will allow me to stretch it further.

Have fun!

Link to my pictures

Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Master Builder

Thanks Mirassou,
I guess I need to buy a scale. Do you have approximants in volume?

KB

Old 08-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Apprentice

Hi KB,
These are pretty close:

636g is 22.4 oz
413g is about 15 oz
13g is a little over 2 tsp
4g is 3/4 tsp

Thanks,
Paul

Link to my pictures

Old 08-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Serf

Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I have been looking at it for about 6 months and just decided to join in. I have yet to build my oven but am in the planning process. I'm pretty sure it wont be as nice as many I see on this site, but none the less, I'm happy to see so many other pizza lovers out there.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Almond,

Welcome, I think you should post on a different thread if you need more info. This thread is about membership levels. Maybe "Introductions" would be better. In any event, here is a link to some of the better documented builds.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...tml#post105517 (A newbies survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives)

BTW where in Utah?

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
BTW where in Utah?
Hi UtahBeehiver,

I live in St. George. I have looked over most of those referenced links in the past (nice of 'Lburou' to have put those links together). It's got me quite excited. I tried to start a new thread with a few questions under "Getting Started" but for some reason it hasn't shown up. Maybe it will in the next few days?

What about you... where in utah?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I am in SLC, I was just in St. George last week when you had those serious rain storms and floods. I travel there periodically for work.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log