Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: BOTM April 08 Nominations

George, I've got your back....although it will add to my own confusion and personal strife (who do I vote for???). I had to go back and look at your oven pics (sorry, I got caught up in that whole "pink" thing, forgetting about a couple of GREAT details).....two things I very much liked - your polished concrete and those VERY COOL curved storage doors.
Can somebody give GJBingham a "second" on his cool, stylish, and innovative curved storage area doors?
The best I've seen on a corner application.

RT
Old 04-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Journeyman

This may be a bit contentious but I would just like to put my thoughts on re-nomination the following month. Since the voting is limited to 5 persons re-nomination will deprive someone of a place that probably equally deserves the recognition. As in this case we already have 3 of the 5 from last month suggested as nominees. XJim and Dmun are certainly more than worthy of a place on the list. Game over!

Given that we are currently talking about 29 votes last month if the members who supported those persons vote in the same way then it is not really a subjective poll. With CJim's input to the forum on building and breadmaking and the fact that he is an all-round good guy there is no reason why he should not be on the list again for a different reason regardless of the fact that he won last month. What I am trying to suggest is that in the interest of the BOTM polls James should introduce a rule that renomination the following month should not be an option. I am certainly not saying that a person should not be nominated twice just the next month.

Has anyone else any thoughts on this?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'll support David....

....great active member with lots of good advice
....had a great project with his geodesic dome...lots of pics
....been one of the long term / old timers on FB

(and ....who are the other long term members that remain active?)
Thanks for your contributions!

XJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I nominate Steve (Kemo) for his outstanding oven, enclosure, pizza cooking skills, and his well documented thread.

See it all here!

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/8/ke...n-2686-23.html

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well, I have been nominated several times, but keep coming up short. I now present the sauce that has been a huge hit for pizza.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/...html#post28310

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

We definately can be bribed with good food!

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Let's see if we can come with 4-5 new innovative new postings, photos or videos each month. I think a new photo or video -- or recipe -- using an existing oven should count as new.

Sound good?
James

Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

One of the little issues that could probably be tweaked with the BOTM poll is that the nominations open on the first day of the month, for the current month, but several of the first nominations are actually taken from the previous month's postings. Its a small point, but causes confusion and can lead to double nominations over two consecutive months, as Inishta points out above.

I'd suggest opening the nominations for BOTM during the last week of the subject month and going through the first week of the next month, with voting open till the last week of the next month.

For example, April's BOTM nominations begin on April 21st or so. Nominations end after the first week of May, so that all of April's postings are accounted for, then voting occurs for the next two - three weeks - mid to late-May. This would completely remove May postings from consideration for April's poll, and March's postings not qualified for nomination.

.......or something like that! I sure wouldn't change it right now though. Good nominations already made that are well worthy of distinction.

RT - Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your thoughts.

George

-
Old 04-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

George, that is an excellant idea. Agreed. We present our ideas. If it is food, is gets tested and approved. If oven, we can discuss it, etc. I like this.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
George, that is an excellant idea. Agreed. We present our ideas. .... I like this.
I have to agree as well.

Great Idea

My costs:

My pics: