Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Forum Guidelines (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   Best of Month Nominations. November 08. (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/best-month-nominations-november-08-a-5408.html)

james 10-25-2008 12:25 PM

Best of Month Nominations. November 08.

Welcome back to Best of the Month. We took a brief break for summer, and we're back. There have been some great ovens and innovations over the past few months, so let's treat this as a catch up.

We are open for nominations for activities going back a couple of months. We will close nominations Nov 15, for voting until Nov 31.

Let's get started!
James

mfiore 10-25-2008 08:38 PM

Re: Best of Month Nominations. November 08.

OK, if he didn't receive it yet (I lost track in the Spring), I want to nominate Les. His oven speaks for itself. He has lifted these ovens to a new level.

Ken524 10-25-2008 09:00 PM

Did Frances ever win a BOTM? I just love those twirly bits she did on her oven.

nodoubt68 10-26-2008 04:54 AM

I'd love to vote the same as you Ken.........Frances you deserve a medal.......Your oven is not only practical but a wicked piece of artwork :-)....I just love it !!!!

PizzaPolice 10-26-2008 12:50 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz..... Zzzzzzzzzz... Zzzzzzzzzzz...... ........ kagh ...kaa ...wah wha...WHAT?? ....Somebody say TWIRLY BITS?

Count me in. This will be my most important vote for November.

Frances 10-27-2008 02:55 AM

Guys, guys, I won the last BOTM we ever had, back in... erm, April? And very pleased and proud I was, too... Although I kept on saying at the time, at least let me FINISH the bleeding thing first. :D

Thank you for all your kind comments and encouragement, I really appreciate it!

I want to second the nomination for Les' oven. He started building around the same time as I did... and comparing his lovely brickwork with my efforts (as you automatically do when you're building at the same time) was a very daunting experience. I've been wanting to vote for his oven ever since we started BOTM... and blow me down if it didn't peter out just as he finished his dome!

So good onya James for starting it up again! And may the best builder (i.e. Les) win!

Ken524 10-27-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

I won the last BOTM we ever had, back in... erm, April?
That's right. It was so far back I forgot. OK, Les also has my nomination and vote!

Frances 11-03-2008 11:04 AM

Uh... we're not getting very far here, are we? I know the US is used to having only two alternatives when they vote, but this is ridiculous!

C'mon, hasn't anything else happened on the forum all Summer thats worth nominating?

exceloven 11-03-2008 12:37 PM

LES! No doubt

dbhansen 11-08-2008 11:52 AM

I'll second (or "fifth") the nomination for Les!