Old 11-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Best of Month Nominations. November 08.

I may have a bit of bias but I would like to nominate mfiore for taking the extra bit of work and finishing his oven with one nice tidy keystone...
That will add another candidate!!!
Dutch
Old 11-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Apprentice

Not sure if Christo has won any of these or not, but since the subject is open to more than just ovens, I think Christo should be nominated for his dual arch curve allowing installation of lights thing. Absolutely one of the coolest inovations on the standard build that I have seen. If it was somebody elses idea, then maybe they should be nominated

Of course I mentioned Mike early on, but having gone through Les' build, easy vote for him as well. Amazing people, craftmanship, and inovations all over this forum!

Travis
Old 11-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Master Builder

Thanks Travis!

I stole most of my ideas from others on the forum (maybe embellished a few) - There are so many good ones out here!!!! Neill and I may have been working on arch lighting ideas at the same time - but he beat me to the punch and got his implemented before I did. - he deserves the nod for that innovation. I'll get him next time!

I love a good keystone mfiore did a great job!!

Christo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by christo; 11-11-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Master Builder

On the other hand - Les' oven is very impressive....

So many choices!!!

Christo

Old 11-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post

I love a good keystone mfiore did a great job!!

Christo
I certainly appreciate it. I joked around, but Dutch really did encourage me. I was going to just put a big plug in (I was really ready to finish off that dome!), but Dutch "challenged" me. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I think we should award with Les an absolutely-best-dome-to-date award and move on to the the December nominations. It just seems unfair to nominate anyone else to compete with that dome!

I don't know about you lot, but that's the way I feel. I've got lots of ideas for BOTM December though...

Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Master Builder

I agree, Frances. Give him the inevitable award and move on to Dec. No vote required.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I concur. Les's dome is wonderful. I have stolen many ideas from him. It's a perfect example of pushing the edges of construction- in a good way, of course. Heck, the man hot glued things! You have to love that!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Welcome back to Best of the Month. We took a brief break for summer, and we're back. There have been some great ovens and innovations over the past few months, so let's treat this as a catch up.

We are open for nominations for activities going back a couple of months. We will close nominations Nov 15, for voting until Nov 31.

Let's get started!
James
Hey James

Just a thought. Looking at the most recent post, it has been difficult for our group to remember who has recently won Best of Month. In the future when you open a post of Best of Month, you might include a short list of most recent winners. Or have a post listing all past winners.

Mannextdoor
Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Apprentice

P.S.

Les has been an inspiration and a big help to me with my WFO. Thanks Les. You have my vote.