Old 08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Pizza Gypsy Lemon Drop Pizza

I would say this has been a very tasty pizza, but it's not clean (a little hard to eat with your hands).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi all
My wifes a lemon nut so I had to cook this one.
First attempt....well alright but it was hard to spread the cheese on the dough, the resulting pizza was a little "wet in the middle"and hard to move around. The results...Wow what a flavour burst. did however find the skins a little bitter. The wife polished off the lot
Secound attempt.....armed with the previous attempt results I changed the following. 1/2 cooked the base made the cheese spreadin so much easier still not easy. I zested the lemons then took off the pith ( Thick skinned lemons had to). The resulting pizza was good still a little damp but well thats the sota pizza it is. The flavour is mind blowing. The child bride eats hers straight up but I found that served with a bit of choclate ice cream.....it a marriage made in heaven.....again the wifes polished off the rest...Happy wife happy life!!!

Regards Dave
Old 09-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Journeyman

I've wondered about lowering the amount of marscapone, and letting the lemon slices sit on a paper towel to absorb some moisture from the lemons. My wife sprinkled the zested lemon peel on after the icing sugar for another burst of flavor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Journeyman

It's lemon season! Our trees are heavy with fruit and the weather is glorious, and we just tried this recipe on Thursday. It was seriously delicious, but like others experienced, it was really wet and gooey. Kind of hard to eat without all the toppings falling off.

All the guests loved it, though the favorite is still definitely Frances' nutella pizza. I'm not allowed to host pizza night without making that one, but this lemon pizza is definitely going into the rotation for the months that we have lemons on our tree. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Master Builder

We tried this pizza recently, following a different recipe that suggested baking at about 400 degrees until the (unpeeled) lemons begin to brown. The result was a long baking time (maybe 8 minutes or so) but it came out with a very crisp crust and great flavor, not mushy at all.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
First attempt....well alright but it was hard to spread the cheese on the dough,
I warm the cheese slightly in the microwave and it spreads easily.

Chip
Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Master Builder

Photos Darren?

OK, I'm going to have to confess. Although well educated, there are certain aspects of the English language that continue to perplex me! Perhaps I'm setting myself up for total embarrassment.

The word "unpeeled" always throws me for a loop. Does this mean to take the peel off, like "undress", or does it mean to not peel it, like "unwashed"?

Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Master Builder

Like "unwashed"
Old 08-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Master Builder

Looks like a great recipe, want to try it but lemons are hard to come by here in RP. I like the addition of the zest on top. It would add a nice finishing touch, maybe not too much zest. When I get some lemons I will try.....and post. I think the butter is an absolute must. What will the sugar have to melt into? Now I'm going to find some lemons
Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Iwood
That easy ....don't use lemons use limes. Lemons are easy to come by here in australia .... but the limes are worth a fortune.

Regards Dave

My Build

My Door

Tags
dessert, expo, lemon

« Ghoulish Goodies! | - »