Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Dolce and Desserts (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Pizza with chocolate spread (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f13/pizza-chocolate-spread-2992.html)

Frances 11-26-2007 10:22 AM

Pizza with chocolate spread

2 Attachment(s)
I read something about a similar pizza on one of the other threads, and thought it sounded pretty weird. But then I tried it a couple of weeks ago with some left over dough... and ever since then I have been CRAVING these pizzas. They are sooo gooood!!!

I took regular pizza dough, spread it thinnly with chocolate spread, added a few dollops of mascarpone and sprinkled it with brown sugar.

The chcolate and mascarpone melt and the sugar caramelises and... mmmmhmmmm ... did I already mention that it tastes good?

CanuckJim 11-26-2007 10:45 AM

Re: Pizza with chocolate spread

Frances,

You might want to try Nutella as well. It should be easily available to you. Anybody unfamiliar with the name, it's a hazelnut chocolate spread that's considered superior:eek: to our ubiquitous peanut butter in North America.

Jim

Frances 11-27-2007 02:18 AM

I use a Swiss equivalent of Nutella, which is biological quality and made with brown sugar :). Actually I wrote Nutella first and then wasn't sure how widely it is known. So thanks Jim, Nutella it is for this pizza.

arevalo53anos 11-28-2007 02:40 AM

Frances:

You would like to give a try to the recipe of strawberry with chocolate that is in an old thread in this topic.
MMmmmmmm

Luis

Jerald Powell 11-30-2007 02:30 PM

Yah! Another beliver converted to the weird dessert pizza!
PHP Code:

But then I tried it a couple of weeks ago with some left over dough... and ever since then I have been CRAVING these pizzasThey are sooo gooood!!! 

Did someone mention peanut butter? My daughter made a peanut butter and bannana. She called it "The Elvis"

toolman 01-16-2008 11:46 PM

last night my wife cooked a great pizza in our WFO. She spread strawberry jam (jelly) over a standard pizza base then topped it with marsh mellows, grated white and milk chocolate and strawberries cut into quarters.

The marsh mellows caramelise during the cooking whilst the chocolate melts and blends the whole thing together.

Lucky the kids were in bed as we ate the lot and were wanting more. Next time we will have to make 3 of these!

arevalo53anos 01-17-2008 02:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There you have it!

Luis

toolman 01-17-2008 06:45 PM

That looks great!

My wife put slightly less topping on our and looking at yours I think I'll put a little more on next time.

RCLake 01-18-2008 07:15 AM

Threads like this keep me going on my build. The family has wondered why I would want a pizza oven since I'm not that big on pizza. I hate it when I burn the top of my mouth. But I do like good pizza and roast and briskets and etc. But now DESSERTS !
I better get back to building!

saveface 04-06-2008 11:27 PM

hi,
just got my oven and this is the first recipie that I will try.....
thanks