Video on roasting chicken
i've posted a couple of 1 minute videos which show the chickens we have roasted and the oven lit up by the rope light in the front of the oven. (the*guests were lit as well).**our second attempt was vastly superior to the first. my roasting observations*so far*are as follows:
1. we bought one of those*thingees that goes up the chicken's butt at home depot. highly recommended.
2. use a pan underneath with the lowest sides you can find. the second chicken we did was in the shallower pan and came out much more nicely browned.
3. do not surround the chicken with veggies. i think it cuts down on the browning and its hard to time the veggies and the chicken to be done at the same time.*
4. get the oven "pizza hot" and then let it come back down a bit before putting the chicken in. don't let the oven get too cool though ( i would estimate ours was at 500 F; all the soot had burned off and the heat was the "shimmering" kind). [disclaimer: i don't have my insulation on yet. i'll probably have to relearn everything again in one month].
5. tent a piece of tin foil over the chicken for the first 20 minutes. then take the foil off and turn the chicken as required to get a nice browning.*(keep checking every 5 minutes).*our second chicken was in for perhaps 1 hour and it could have been left in for another 15 minutes with no loss in quality.*(it was a big chicken). *it was very moist and tender.
videos are in windows media video format:
first chicken and rope lights:
high quality (broadband) <http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/lights_chicken_action_broad.wmv>http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/lights_ch...tion_broad.wmv
lousy quality (dialup) <http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/lights_chicken_action_dialup.wmv>http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/lights_ch...ion_dialup.wmv
second (superior) chicken:
high quality (broadband) <http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/chickenbroad.wmv>www.cpsusa.com/ebay/chickenbroad.wmv
lousy quality (dial up) <http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/chickendialup.wmv>www.cpsusa.com/ebay/chickendialup.wmv
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC