Old 12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Turkey done three ways

Dave, I would just drink more wine with the dry bird when that happens Sometimes, if you want to drink and celebrate, dry is good. Kidding, dry is never good, except ribs.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
Dave, I would just drink more wine with the dry bird when that happens Sometimes, if you want to drink and celebrate, dry is good. Kidding, dry is never good, except ribs.
LOL

I think it's good for turkey salad!
after adding loads of mayo......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 12-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Journeyman

Dave,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you.
Mate, having just read the thread on turkeys, I reckon you're pretty funny too: and a damn fine Human to boot. Alas, our oven is down for some weeks as building/curing continues. But once that is done.....oh boy!

Just one point that niggles me: no one seems to use a spit (rotisserie?) in their ovens. Have I missed something? I've only used it once, and the result was teffific. Comments please.
Jeff.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Dave,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you.
Happy New Year to you too Jeff!
What kind of celebration are you going to have?

Quote:
Mate, having just read the thread on turkeys, I reckon you're pretty funny too: and a damn fine Human to boot.
Nice of you to say! Thanks mate!

Quote:
Alas, our oven is down for some weeks as building/curing continues. But once that is done.....oh boy!
One word. Suckage.

Quote:
Just one point that niggles me: no one seems to use a spit (rotisserie?) in their ovens. Have I missed something? I've only used it once, and the result was teffific. Comments please.
Jeff.

It's funny that you mentioned that Jeff. I have an electric version sitting in my shed that I have never used. I have been thinking about giving it a try for awhile, but just haven't got around to it.

Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend with a chicken or something.
I'll let you know how it works out!

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Don't you only need a spit if the heat is coming from below? That's what I figured. And in our ovens the heat is coming from all sides at once, so no spit.

When did you use a spit, Jeff? And what were you cooking, and on what kind of fire, and do you have any pics...?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It would be pretty cool Frances.
Sometimes certain areas of my oven are hotter than others.

A spit should allow the food to cooked more evenly.

I must try Gyros...they are cooked on a spit.

Anyone have a recipe for making your own gyros on a spit?

New thread time me thinks.

Happy New Year to you Frances~!

How are you going to celebrate?

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Dave, my WFO-building friend, a very Happy New Year to you too!

Tonight, after putting the kids to bed, me and my husband just enjoyed a really nice evening meal: Angus filet steak, morcherell sauce, spinache and spätzli - which I am NOT going to explain just now, since we washed it all down with a really good bottle of Rioja ... Nothing outrageous, but very nice.

How are you celebrating?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave,
I found a Gyros recipe on the web about a year ago, and instructions on building a homemade gyros rotisserie, with lights, aluminum foil etc. It's a pretty wierd mix of lamb and beef I think - something like processed chicken pieces all ground up and pressed together. God, I love 'em but what a hassle to make. My Weber BBQ book calls for rolling thin cuts of lamb and beef rubbed with spices, then tied and put on a spit. Good, but not typical Gyros meat. Let me know if you find something better.
G.

-