Old 03-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Suckling Pig / Cochinillo

Good stuff mfiore!

All, can't agree more. I love meat, but I love butchers. I've sure as hell killed thousands of fish in my day, and a few bunnies to boot, but the thought of gutting/butchering an animal puts me off my hunger a bit. I've eaten suckling pig and pig cooked Polynesian style, carrot up the butt and apple in the mouth. No harm, no foul. Yummy, as a matter of fact.

I've watched heart and abdominal surgeries, and laid waste to a lot of dentition and soft tissues in dental surgeries over the years. I've still got no desire to cut a deer from anus to throat and watch the carnage spill on the ground, nor hit a cow with a bangstick on the skull. Too graphic? Same for me? Thank the Lord for butchers!

-
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I started as the third of four boys with a father who hunted for fun. We grew up hunting the fields of Ontario and I evolved to the woods of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Shot a lot of birds and bunnies, and as many deer as I've been able to, gun and bow. ...but I think that's only 5 or 6 in 25 years. They produce two offspring each year so they're pretty safe from me.

Yeah, there are lot's occupations I'm happy that others will do.....pickiing up waste (honey wagons and the trash in the summer) and may god bless those that work in the aid of others, particularly volunteers in the old folks homes.

Politics and making sausages.....hard to watch.......I think I'll do a fresh post for the cooking documentary!

X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

but this is a cool shot for the caveman....

I'd be a vegetarian if I didn't love meats so much

Today is National Roast Suckling Pig Day? | history, national roast suckling pig day, pig | yumsugar - Food, Drink, & Entertaining.
Attached Thumbnails
Suckling Pig / Cochinillo-200204558-001.jpg  

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!