Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Roasting and Grilling

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Smoking in a WFO.....

I did about 38lbs of pork butt in my mobile forno the other day using the reatined heat for a farmers market the day before.
I added a photo and 2 videos here..sorry but the videos were really after thoughts when the butts went on. Next time i will film all of the steps involved.
Can be seen here on the set Butts in Oven
Flickr: telehort's Photostream
Old 12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Master Builder

Scott,
For the third or forth time I tried to view your "butts in the oven" video. I s'pose I'm doing something wrong. However, I keep seeing the photo of the butts with the electronic gadgetry pluged into them. Seems advanced. We should talk!
Drop me a line sometime. It would be fun to meet up somewhere.

dusty
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Master Builder

Scott,
For the third or forth time I tried to view your "butts in the oven" video. I s'pose I'm doing something wrong. However, I keep seeing the photo of the butts with the electronic gadgetry pluged into them. Seems advanced. We should talk!
Drop me a line sometime. It would be fun to meet up somewhere.

dusty
Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Master Builder

Opps! I THOUGHT had submitted that already.
Sorry-'bout-that

dusty

Last edited by dusty; 12-09-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Master Builder

My son-in-law has been doing slow roasted ribs in the BenjaMia WFO....just spraying them with pineapple juice...awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
Jim,

I have asked for information on smoking in a few different sections of this forum but have not had any luck with recipes or sites to check out. I am going to see what recipes I can find and if there are any helpful sites, then I will report back in a month or so with what I have found out. I am especially interested in slow smoked ribs.

If anyone has any recipes or favorite sites with information on smoking fish or meat let us know.

Loren
Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I found this thread after getting some inspiration from Dino's recent creations that involved smoke & seasoning.

I was given what looks like 1/2 of Australia's supply of rosemary by a colleague at work today (something about "pruning" her hedge). I like to use it on a starter pizza I make but this batch seems a bit dry for that so I thought of maybe soaking it in water then popping it in the WFO as smoking fuel. Anyone use rosemary for smoking?

Perhaps I should use a combination of hickory and rosemary? Suggestions welcomed...

Thanks

Rossco
Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Apprentice

Hi Guys,
Just thought I would drop a quick one and say that I had my first smoking on the weekend!!! Turned out really good! I fired up the oven and let the heat die down to about 220 C and threw in a heap of potatos, carrots, onions and pumpkin. After about 45 mins of so, I had some left over Bankshia that I split up into small pieces and put them onto the coals and watched as they started to smolder. I then put on the door and left them for another 45 mins. When I came back and opened up the door, the wood was still smoking away (the oven was packed full of smoke!!) and all the vegies were all done. The taste of the potatos was unbeliveable!!!! All the vegies were fantastic!! Will have to try some propper smoking chips next time and see how it turns out!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Serf

I threw one tiny stick of oak on the coals that were still in there simply to envision what would happen and it took concerning halfway through the cooking time before it started smoking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|