Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Roasting and Grilling (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Roasting and Grill with WFO in the Big Easy, New Orleans! (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f12/roasting-grill-wfo-big-easy-new-17609.html)

banhxeo76 04-17-2012 07:29 AM

Roasting and Grill with WFO in the Big Easy, New Orleans!

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I think I should start a new thread that is devoted just for roasting and grilling with my WFO.

Kick it off with cornish hens and asparagus.

banhxeo76 04-17-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Roasting and Grill with WFO in the Big Easy, New Orleans!

5 Attachment(s)
After I cooked some pizza, I followed up with more wonderful dish for roasting. If you planned ahead, you can be creative with a lot of roasting and you can easily ended up with a full course meal out of your WFO.

Artichoke, stuffed mushroom w/ crabcake, and packed kosher salt red snapper from one single fire.

banhxeo76 04-17-2012 07:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Roasted Cracklin' Pig

banhxeo76 04-17-2012 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And yes, you can do dessert in the WFO.

Bread pudding with puffing meringuy on the top. Men, shows your wives that WFO could be use for all of the baking and roasting need. And she will never have to clean inside of the oven because it clean itself everytime you use it!

durangout 04-17-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banhxeo76 (Post 130155)
Roasted Cracklin' Pig

Looks fantastic!

Please let me know the details of cooking the pig. Time, temp, coverd or not, seasonings...

Thanks!

durangout 04-17-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banhxeo76 (Post 130156)
And yes, you can do dessert in the WFO.

Bread pudding with puffing meringuy on the top. Men, shows your wives that WFO could be use for all of the baking and roasting need. And she will never have to clean inside of the oven because it clean itself everytime you use it!

Recipe please!!!

roobqn 04-17-2012 01:40 PM

Very nice looking food you have pulled out of the WFO. Looking forward to more posts.

banhxeo76 04-17-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durangout (Post 130160)
Looks fantastic!

Please let me know the details of cooking the pig. Time, temp, coverd or not, seasonings...

Thanks!

Durangout, I got my instruction on the roast cracklin pork from youtube attached below.

Hong kong crispy roasted pork belly (Siu Yuk)

and here is the recipe for bread pudding, enjoy
Light And Rich Bread Pudding

banhxeo76 07-22-2012 06:44 AM

Re: Roasting and Grilling with WFO in the Big Easy, New Orleans!

4 Attachment(s)
Lobster was on sales yesterday for $6.50 per lb, just give me an excuse to use WFO. I brought two lobsters and weight about 6 lbs each. They were very big.

I tried to kill the lobster by cutting it in half but the poor thing wouldn't not stop moving its tail. So, I put both lobsters into the heated WFO for about 5 minutes and closed the door on them because I didn't hear want the lobsters pleading for their lives.

I then took it out and cut them in half and spooned some garlic and clarified butter over the tail meat and the head. I then slide them back into the WFO at 550 degree F and placed the door back on. After 22 minutes, it looked so tasty. I spooned more garlic and butter on the lobster. Not only it looked great, it tasted fantastic. This is my favorite way to eat lobster now. You can definitely tasted the wood and smoke which were penetrated into lobster meat but not overwhelming taking over the natural favor of the lobster.

banhxeo76 07-22-2012 06:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
As for side dish, I cooked some clams by using a cast iron pot which I recently purchased. To removed the sand from the clams, I soaked the clams in salt water for about 2 hours. I also mixed in a cup of corn meal (I got this idea from somewhere on the internet) into the salt water which will encourage the clams to split out the sand. For some strange, it worked because there were no sand in the clams whatsoever. I can't believe it.

I poured about 1 cup of white wine into the pot with the clams and covered it with a lit. I cooked the clams in WFO until the shells all opened up. I served the clams with some creamy butter garlic sauce over the pasta. I poured some clam's juice over the pasta and man, it was awesome.