Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Roasting and Grilling

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Question about beer can chicken

still haven't tried it - oven is too hot straight after pizzas and as we usually make pizzas late in the evening - the only real time is to cook the chicken in the middle of the night! I ain't getting up to do that - my pizza nights usually involve a large amount of wine drinking as well! The oven is probably only about 100c in the morning - obviously doesn't hold heat very well. I suppose I could add some more wood to cook in the morn - Got to try this!!!! As for the 'summer is approaching' by Purplegoanna - I'm the opposite - I've been waiting for autumn (fall) to start using my oven again - too damn hot in summer!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Question about beer can chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimenia View Post
still haven't tried it - oven is too hot straight after pizzas and as we usually make pizzas late in the evening - the only real time is to cook the chicken in the middle of the night! I ain't getting up to do that - my pizza nights usually involve a large amount of wine drinking as well! The oven is probably only about 100c in the morning - obviously doesn't hold heat very well. I suppose I could add some more wood to cook in the morn - Got to try this!!!! As for the 'summer is approaching' by Purplegoanna - I'm the opposite - I've been waiting for autumn (fall) to start using my oven again - too damn hot in summer!
Cook with a small fire over to the side and turn the chicken as it cooks, it will turn out great, No need for a nuclear fire.

Chip