Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My goose is not cooked.

That was funny!!!

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 AM
Master Builder

Is it cooked yet?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave,

Haven't cooked goose that often, but I've done both wild and domestic. Nothing to add on the advice about cooking the domestic variety, but the wild ones will not have nearly as much, if any, fat; very lean, dark meat. On the domestic front, horde that fat. Potatoes fried in goose fat are one of life's greater pleasures. Well, maybe not more than ....

Jim
Old 08-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Serf

Hi Yes I agree Chips (potatoes) cooked in goose fat are one of life's pleasures, When I bake a whole goose I use a little thyme & lemon rind and butter with sea salt & Black pepper pushed up under the breast skin and place a whole lemon inside the belly bake slowly in low wood oven 150c for 1/2 hour per pound, about one hour before the bird is cooked drain the fat into a baking tray for your half cook boil potatoes and roast them, ones cooked I take the goose out and rest for 5 to 10 minutes and make a honey and lemon glaze, 1tbl spoon honey 1/2 cup lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon lemon rind fresh combine over high heat stir until thick glaze is made , , Place the golden baked goose on to a severing tray and pour the glaze over the whole birds and severe bake potatoes in goose fat, fresh garden peas and crab-apple jelly of gooseberry jelly. Goose meat need and nice tart flavoured with it.

and if any goose meat is left over after dinner make a Goose, Potatoe & cream pie the next day.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks for all the answers.
I think I will cook my goose on Sunday next week.
I will let everyone knows how it turns out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 12-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Apprentice

We are going to my daughters for Christmas, I offered to bring a formo cooked turkey but this is thier first Christmas and want to cook the turkey. Still wanting a forno bird, I I then tossed out a turkey throwdown challenge which was warmly greeted by my other daughters but quickly declined in a somewhat nasty way by the challenged.
Maybe I'll bring a forno baked goose....

By the way goose fat is very high in omega fat....