Old 07-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Proofing baskets

the website states "Gently Used". I assume they are all still in good shape?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfiore View Post
the website states "Gently Used". I assume they are all still in good shape?
The ones we got you really wouldn't know they were used...I definitely recommend them without reservation...price and quality are high...made in Solingen Germany...they performed every bit as well as the coiled willow that we bought over a year ago...but they clean up much easier...they stack well for storage...and they have the nice "coiled" pattern...just the same as the "proper" ones Jay
We bought a peel blade as well so I will be finishing that this week...have to do some sanding and then some butcher's block oil
Best
Dutch
Old 07-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I should get mine any day. I can't wait! The willow is wonderful and looks great but easy clean up has its place too!

Thanks for telling us of this sale!
Jay
Old 07-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Master Builder

on another page of their site they say:

Min. Orders: $50 net minimum order. (Special/Custom
orders may be higher.) A $10.00 handling
fee will be added to all orders below $50.

Wonder if I can get out of that 10 dollar handling fee? I think I'll order 10 pcs.

Christo

Old 07-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I received my baskets last night and most of them look brand new. The only "damage" is a couple of nicks in the plastic on the outside of the baskets (like where they got whacked with sharp metal somehow). But in no way will it affect them.

They are heavy duty - at least 1/8 inch thick and stiff plastic. Look like they will last a lifetime. These look like a great investment.

I am almost willing to bet that even wet doughs will release pretty easily from them - better than from willow or linen. You have used them. What do you think, Dutch?

And again, thanks for telling us Dutch! These are GREAT! I may have to order some of the other sizes!

Jay
Old 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Master Builder

With the right amount of flour I doubt that they will give any trouble in releasing the loaves. The manufacturer says a light coat of oil helps. We dusted with flour and only a couple of loaves were reluctant to release but occasionally that was the case with the natural willow. As with anything new it is a bit of learning....this week I think we will give them a little oil and then some flour and see how that goes...
Once again...it was my pleasure...
Best
Dutch
Oh Christo...I would suggest calling them...the girl I spoke to made it sound like they were motivated to get rid of these baskets...why I don't really know as they would be a bargain at twice they're current price!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Apprentice

We use them from time to time. We have long and round ones in green and orange. We give them a light spray of oil and water then dust with potato flour before putting in the dough. It releases very easily. Just be careful not to de-gas the loaves by handling the dough too roughly. We found out how to use them on the manufacturer's website.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Master Builder

Anyone want to share an order with me? I just ordered 25 of them to reach the minimum order amount, though I only need about 10. I'll ship about half of them to anyone interested. I just couldn't pass up the deal!

Daren

Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Master Builder

I don't know about half an order (one half of 25 being 12?) But I would be up for half of that ...6. they should nest together and fit into a Flat Rate Box. Let me know.

And thanks for offering to the Forum!
Wiley
Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Master Builder

I'll let you know when they arrive, Wiley! Yes, I should have mentioned that I'd be willing to ship a smaller amount than 12.