Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Hearth Bread and Flatbread

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 06:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My sourdough attempt

I'm including link to some SD predictive work done on another site, pizzamaking.com. In short you'll find some charts and graphs that indicate SD "starter" growth observations using varying temperatures and starter seed amounts. I've included the link because on my first review of the information, it seems consistent with what I and others, those commenting in the thread, see in the real world and the scientific research reference.

Sourdough starter quantity predictive model

Chris

Last edited by SCChris; 01-26-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:47 AM
Serf

Default Re: My sourdough attempt

thanks, i make my sourdough bread before reading your post. so i make 1/3 levain from starter and not wait to double every time to get enough weight (for 1/3 ). i put smal amount of starter and 1 kg flour and water night before i plan to baking. it is doubled in size next day and i mix it with flour and wather for planing weight of final dough (formula 1-2-3). dough wont rise this day(second) fast and i left doug to rise to the evenindg when it is doubled after 14 hours (it was about 10 oclock in the evening). so i divide dough at the basket and left over night. next morning i bake at 7 oclock. dough is looking great and it is doubled again. but in the oven the dough wont rise. the bread was flat, and the temperature was good( 260 C). taste of bread is good too. next time will be better. sorry for english.