Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: I need a new mixer suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
I am looking for a used Hobart or similar 12 quart unit and will put it in the garage. I have a nice sized pantry, but my nephew has converted it to a bedroom (long story) so the garage it is! I don't think it will be too bad as it will be only for mixing bread dough about three times a week and the weekend pizza dough.

I will get the old KA fixed and use it for the less demanding mixing chores.

Thanks for the help, Eric.
Hi Eric,

The boy in the pantry? Are you fatten him up for Thangsgiving? ( A gruesome story ), but one that has been told before. Hansel and Greta.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Apprentice

This is no ordinary pantry! it is way larger than the bedroom I grew up in.

The only reason that we call it a pantry is that is close to the kitchen and that we originally were going to use it as a pantry (makes sense!)

Including my nephew, I have three teenage boys (plus their friends) and that is why I needed the Hobart!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: I need a new mixer suggestion

With 3 teenage boys, who needs a mixer, call it training and they won't know the difference, especially if they want the pizzas or breads!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 10-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanneill View Post
With 3 teenage boys, who needs a mixer, call it training and they won't know the difference, especially if they want the pizzas or breads!
I don't want to risk hurting their Xbox fingers! Actually they are GREAT kids

Old 10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ask Faith of Virginia, she has several type of mixers.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Ask Faith of Virginia, she has several type of mixers.
I am just surprised that a couple of years ago when I just got started making bread at home, that there wasn't more mention of using a more "commercial" style mixer for home use.

I thought that maybe it was just that my KA was a little older, but my repair man in SF told me that I was just over working the KA

Live and learn!