Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: What's going on?

Success, finally! I mixed up a big batch of dough with the Caputo I recently acquired. 13 250g dough balls. I made 2 - 12" pizza's last nite, and it was a nite & day difference. They cooked up beautifully. I changed too many things at one time to give the Caputo all the credit. (smaller dough balls, no oil, different flour, higher hydration) But the Caputo is easy to work with, and a $2 cheaper than the Kyrol hi gluten that I've been using. Thanks for all the help. Having a houseful tonite, and may throw a few pizza's in the oven. Hopefully I've got this licked!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Peasant

Glad to see you got it worked out. The Caputo makes all the difference in the world. We also shop at PennMac and what a place that is. Try a case of the LaValle San Marzanos availbale in small cans. One can will do about 20 pizzas or so.We also use 275g balls and find it to be the perfect size for most entertaining as most people want to try all the different ones as they come out of the oven.
I don't know of many WFO's around this neck of the woods, where are you located? I am just south of Erie in Edinboro, PA.
We may have to get together to share notes sometime.

Tom in PA
Old 10-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Apprentice

I'm a few hours south of you, about 45 minutes east of Pgh. I haven't seen any around my area either, nor do too many know what it is or how it works until I give them an explaination. I didn't get to the house early enough for pizza last nite, but I have the oven firing right now since I refuse to waste the dough I had in the fridge. I hope I can repeat my results from Friday.

Thom in PA