Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Quest with Peter Reinhart > Pizza

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: What to Drink with Pizza

It is a very personal choice but I like a dry cider or crisp beer with pizza. On the wine front I would be looking for a fresh white. South Australia has some fine Riesling that goes well.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Minty? Really? I have had a lot of wine from South Australia, and never got minty notes from them.....interesting. What labels do you like? That is my favorite wine region by far!
Quote:
Two other well known Cabernet Sauvignon flavors are mint and eucalyptus. Mint flavors are often associated with wine regions that are warm enough to have low pyrazine levels but are still generally cool, such as Australia's Coonawarra region
Cabernet Sauvignon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Serf

How will soups go along with thin crust new york style pizza?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Peasant

Let me say that I couldn't live without beer. I love the thought of it, the sight of it, the sound it makes when you open the bottle and pour it. The smell and the taste, the sensation of drinking it and the loose, easy, feel-good relaxed state it brings on.

From top quality, hand crafted boutique beers sipped from a sparkingly clean glass shaped especially for the type to that first icy lawn-mower beer that you've been looking forward to all afternoon after working hard in the garden on a hot day, sweat streaked and bone dry - the one where you don't stop pulling on it until the bottle is empty. Glorious.

But...when the sun has gone down, the salad is ready and the pizza is cooked to perfection, then grab a half decent local red from near the bottom of the wine rack (the good ones are kept at the top) and pour yourself and everyone else a large glass and keep topping them up until the pizzas are gone. Just make sure you don't eat them too quickly.
cobblerdave and Greenman like this.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ice cold coke!

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 10-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyanka View Post
How will soups go along with thin crust new york style pizza?
Soup is a great side with pizza in the winter time here. As far a beverages go I'll second the vote for ice cold coke, over ice for me please.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 10-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Pizza and soup sounds good for breakfast, and maybe a sick day.
Pizza and ice cold coke sounds good for lunch on a work day.
But,

Is for all the other days

Well, that is what it cost when I first started indulging .

Old 10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Master Builder

Have to go with Wozza and Gulf on this. A Corona fills the bill and a crisp dry cider is good too. Just too hot here most of the time to contemplate hot soup.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Journeyman

I happen to make Damascene pizzas at home.
With lamb pizza it is to drink Ayran (salted whipped yogurt with ice).
With cheese pizza, chili pizza, and oregano pizza, it is to drink sweet tea (ice tea or fresh warm tea).
With the traditional pizza it is to drink ice coke or any soft drinks.
This is the most popular in my region.