Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Serf

Default Re: The secret to WFO crispy crust?

So ASUDave, How does this dough differ in taste etc? I see you lowered the hydration and upped both the salt and yeast from your prior ratio. Do you use the autolyse and wet mix?

My last dough was terrific and I was very happy but still in search of ..."the best pizza ever"
Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Laborer

Default Re: The secret to WFO crispy crust?

I have now fired my oven up 3 times to make pizza and the third time was the best so far. Still, while my crust is browning some on the bottom, I'm still getting very flimsy-like crust. The outside edges are perfect.

My thoughts were that the pizza was cooking too fast on the outside, not allowing the bottom to fully cook. That's just one of m assumptions. Another is that I shouldn't use flour on the peel to slide the pizza off. It seems like it's getting in the way of the crust.

I'm going to try Dave's latest dough recipe as it's close to what I do now, minus the steroid yeast action. But hey, I'm trying it.

There really are so many factors in getting it just right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.