Post your favorite pizza recipe here
We are tracking the best pizza recipes here -- it's a sticky thread that will stay at the top of this list.
Share your favorite.
The exotic pie is tuna --- swirl olive oil on the dough disk, spread a
dollop or two of pesto on that and then crumble tuna onto that (solid
white Italian packed in olive oil). No cheese or just a drizzle of it
-- either shredded or sliced whole milk mozzarella.
In the gourmet category... my choice is...
1. A little fig jam on the dough, mozzzarella, and the thinnest sliced prosciutto you can
2. Grilled eggplant and goat cheese.
My philosophy is to never have more than 2 ingredients in addition
to a tomato sauce, and if there is tomato and cheese, 1 extra
ingredient only. If it's bianca- 3 ingredients maximum, including
My favorite is caramelized spring onions with Greek feta + oregano.
I like a flat bread appetizer of pear, gorgonzola and olive oil.
I like so many different kinds. They play along various themes -- meaty, vegetarian, seafood, summer garden... and on and on. It's such a versatile food.
For me the trick is to choose complementary ingredients, and not to load the pie down too much. That is, I use any number of different ingredients, but the total load on the pizza is fairly low. It cooks better, looks better, and tastes better.
I usually use plain tomato sauce (not a seasoned sauce), dried oregano from our garden, and brick-type mozzarella, plus a few slices of fresh mozzarella on top.
1. Four-Seasons -- capers, red, green, and orange or yellow peppers, mushrooms, and some very thin prosciutto slices on top, placed during the last few seconds of cooking.
2. Cajun Seafood -- shrimp, tuna, and muscles, peppers, a little basil, and sprinkle with cajun seasoning.
3. Montana -- I prepare a meat topping from ground pork, beef, and lamb, plus salt, pepper, garlic, and a little allspice and cinnamon. The trick is to grind it very fine and cook it slow, so it stays tender. I break this up (after cooking) onto the pie, add onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
what to make as an inaugural pizza.....
my #3 son asked what pizza will we make first when we are done with the oven...I told him that it should be something special...I thought I would let my kids decide as opposed to my stomach. We'll see!!!!!
It would be great to hear, from all of you, what your first pizza was.
Staying in practice with a "Five Alarm" pie. I took a handfull of roasted and peeled finger peppers and a handfull of nonpariel Capers and came up with this really "Outspoken" masterpiece.
Five Alarm Envy
Howie, that looks and sounds tasty.
I will try it.
My favorite is a White pizza starting with a sprinkle of grated garlic, then a drizzle of EVO then spicy Italian sausage, diced onion, thin sliced roma tomatos to cover 30% and topped with stalks of Cilantro in a wagon spoke.
all of this on as thin a crust as you can get away with.
How about a thin crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozz., and a drizzle of olive oil infused with chili pepper...then the optional hot sausage....
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC