Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Pizza in Woodside, Australia

I don't bother with a brush ,but use a length of 12mm copper pipe to blow ash away from the cooking surface to the outside, it's much easier.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Serf

Nothing better than a loaf fresh out of the oven, cut in half, loaded with ripe tomatoes olive oil, and chopped fresh herbs... Now that is a childhood memory that feels like yesterday...

Love reading the posts from you all. Pics are great too. Planning my oven now, hope st start soon. Just got to clear a bunch of 15' palms first

Anthony
Old 01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Pizza in Woodside, Australia

Hi Anthony and welcome aboard.
You mention in your Biography, that you are an Australian/Italian and that you like

Quote:
Slow food, Living a sustainable life, peasant living
If you get your oven built and going, you will definitely have the slow food!
It is nice too get another member from down under and I have put you on my ever growing list of members.
Get in and let us all know of your intentions complete with plans and photos.

Cheers

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Serf

Hi Neill,
Thanks for the welcome, Although I still am new to the building of a forno I am in no way new to the idea of them. Being of Italian background I was privy to the weekly ritual of baking 20kg of bread and on the special occasion, pizza and a leg of lamb or side of goat.

Now I have the huge task of changing a overgrown palm infested courtyard into a modern Mediterranean living space including an oen as a centre piece.

My first task is the clearing.. I am planning to construct a before/after series of photos which I'll love to share.

The time has come to stop thinking and start doing.

Anthony
Old 01-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Pizza in Woodside, Australia

Anthony,
put the palm up on ebay and let the buyers dig them out for you. You could even give them away and get free labour to clear your courtyard.

Post some pics before and after.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Apprentice

Looking forward to seeing your build Anthony! I have to say it's been very worthwhile building my oven. I always intended that it would be a centrepiece for social occasions and it has lived up to that even before it's fully finished! I must have had 8-10 dinner parties in the last few months, with everyone sitting round the oven sharing the preparation of pizzas, roasts, and bread. Everything I like - good friends, food, and drink
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Apprentice

Today I fired up the oven to do a load of bread, then roast lamb and beef and vegetables for dinner guests. Didn't want to waste that initial heat so I did a couple of pizzas for our lunch. I was aiming for a DOC margherita, just buffalo mozz, fresh basil and crushed tomatoes with a little garlic and olive oil. Using good quality fresh ingredients I really got what this pizza is all about - it was a really nice balance of flavours. Only could have been a teeeny bit more browned on top.
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza in Woodside, Australia-marg-2.jpg   Pizza in Woodside, Australia-marg.jpg  

My blog:
Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Laborer

HeyTim that a nice looking pizza and the crust came our great. Did you use the Gaganis brothers flour for that one? Are you also using the same flour for bread?

cheers

Salv
Old 01-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Apprentice

Hey Salv, this one was actually with the allied mills superb bakers flour (also from gaganis). I use this one for bread as it's a little bit stronger, and this pizza was just out of a bit of left over bread dough, for lunch before I started baking

My blog: